Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 02-01-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Winter tire upgrade

Hey guys,
I finally bit the bullet and got some 215/60/R15 Firestone Winterforce for my Alero. What a freakin' difference! It doesn't feel like the same car. I would recommend them if you live in a northern climate like me. I'm glad I did it too for another reason. Right front tie rod end is bad and the horizontal hockey puck bushing in my control arm is just starting to peel out of the arm. I haven't decided if I am going to replace the bushing or the whole arm. Leaning towards the arm because the car has 162,000 on it and the entire front end is original.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Whole arm is so much easier to do, i mean the arm already has to come out if you replace just the bushing. Might as well do a full refresh
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #3
03Alerosil
GL Member

I'm thinking about doing both sides with Moog Parts but it will have to wait until spring. I gotta do the tie rod end now though. Going to get the alignment close enough for now. No sense doing it now anyway. I may be replacing more parts in the front
Old 02-02-2016, 12:02 AM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I did moog control arms. Along with pretty much everything else.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:14 AM   #5
03Alerosil
GL Member

I know they are great parts. Just trying to decide how much money I want to put into the car being I'm starting my life over. Wife took my kid and left me last week and I don't have a real job yet or a new place to live so I got other stuff to worry about first. Plus with the miles on the car and I want a truck. There is a mint condition 1995 Bronco with a 351w in it for 10k that I want. I love Broncos. I had one in my 20s but it was a pile of rusty shit.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:29 AM   #6
03Alerosil
GL Member

Well I was driving home in a blizzard yesterday and could feel my steering being loose and car kept pulling around so I had to buy a Masterpro tie rod end from O'reillys for now because I don't have the money for the good stuff. Going to put it on today and get it so I don't need an alignment