Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
TPS info

Just thought I'd post an fyi for you guys. Last week I came home from work and thought I'd get the GA out for a skip around town, when I came back the idle would not come down past 1700rpm. From years of being on the forums out there I knew it was going to be the TPS. With the car running I unpluged the sensor connector and pluged in in a couple of times and the idle returned to normal. Got a new TPS today and put it in about 20 mins ago. Here is where it gets good...lol
Not only is my idle nice and solid, for some reason it "really" cleaned up the idle, and it fires up with just the touch of the key now!!... wooo freakin' hoo!!!Starting has been a bit of a bish for some time but I had always written it off to the cam and heads I have in it. Guess this sensor has been bad for a long time and have never noticed anything wrong in the scans! So, if you guys come across starting and idling issues, dont just point your finger at the IAC motor, make sure to check out your TPS as well!!