irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
how would you know? like to test the regulator
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #22
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
how would you know? like to test the regulator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHTV3W5VI5w
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #23
irondiezl3
GLS member

according to haynes manual u gotta take off manifold cover to change out regulator is that really true?
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #24
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
do you have another PCM? i had a problem like this years ago and after i replaced crank sensors, injectors and everything it turned out to be the PCM.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #25
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
according to haynes manual u gotta take off manifold cover to change out regulator is that really true?

Not with the right tools you don't.
http://www.greatautohelp.com/inspect...egulator1.html
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #26
irondiezl3
GLS member

thats awesome thanks. no i never tried swapping out pcm i hope thats not it because we just ordered the injectors. do you know if we are suppose to lose all pressure within 30 seconds of turning the car off i thought it should still hold some pressure?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #27
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
No, should hold pressure much longer than that. Sounds like you actually do have a bad one or multiple bad ones. What injectors did you go with, stock or upgrade?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #28
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
No, should hold pressure much longer than that. Sounds like you actually do have a bad one or multiple bad ones. What injectors did you go with, stock or upgrade?

could also be the check vlave in the fuel pump assmebly allow fuel to flow back into the tank after shut down. this would cause an extended crank on start up.

im still conserned that you have a p0302 which is singling out a single cylinder and not all 6. i would think that if you had a fuel pressure regulator fault you would see problems accross the board.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #29
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
clear tube, about a foot long is all you really need to quickly test a regulator. Pull the vac line off the regulator, put the clear tube on the regulator and then suck on the tube creating vacuum. If fuel comes up into the tube the diaphram is ruptured.
To really get serious about testing it you need a vac tester. Attach the vac tester to the regulator, pull it down to about 15g/mercury and it should hold vac for the better part of 10mins. If it falls off quickly then replacment is required.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #30
irondiezl3
GLS member

thanks for all ur inputs as for the codes its always chaning from cyl to cyl its never the same most of the time its random misfire and sometimes its is a actual cyl. i went factory for the injectors i hope that fixes it im going to replace the pressure regulator at same time. as for fuel pump i hope thats not it i replaced it about 6 months ago.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #31
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
when u go to replace ur injectors try not to spill the fuel thats sitting in them while removing. Try and drain them into a clear bottle. Wunder if u have dirt in ur system.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #32
irondiezl3
GLS member

idk if this helps but..........
Old 12-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #33
irondiezl3
GLS member

gunna try regulator today

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 12-26-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #34
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

keep us posted!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #35
irondiezl3
GLS member

that sux couldnt get the bottom part of the regulator loose i got the 2 other parts out but the bottom where the fuel line goes into theres no room to twist it off dam!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #36
MMGT1
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
when u go to replace ur injectors try not to spill the fuel thats sitting in them while removing. Try and drain them into a clear bottle. Wunder if u have dirt in ur system.

I'm thinking the same thing. See what happens when the injectors are in. Shoot me a copy of your tune if you can bud, Ill have a look and see what you've got in there to be sure it is not in the tune itself if you like.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #37
irondiezl3
GLS member

thats my buddys hp tuner its shows all the things going on in my car but when he went to tune it for me it couldnt connect to the pcm even though it connected to pcm for the normal stuff like pictured above. i wish we could tune it. his tuner is so in depth for hundreds of things i wouldnt even know what to do with it all its way to advanced of a program for the average person. fyi called a bunch of shops just to get labor quotes if i dont do them myself and wierd dealer was cheapest, 276 for complete job but thats cuz i already have delco injectors and gaskets. appointments wensday. i have a feeling once they see i have an intake they will refuse to do it.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #38
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
clear tube, about a foot long is all you really need to quickly test a regulator. Pull the vac line off the regulator, put the clear tube on the regulator and then suck on the tube creating vacuum. If fuel comes up into the tube the diaphram is ruptured.
To really get serious about testing it you need a vac tester. Attach the vac tester to the regulator, pull it down to about 15g/mercury and it should hold vac for the better part of 10mins. If it falls off quickly then replacment is required.

http://www.mityvac.com

zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #39
irondiezl3
GLS member

cars in the shop now they are putting in 6 injectors and new regulator cross your fingers :/
Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #40
irondiezl3
GLS member

wow injectors are in. finallly its gone. my car hasnt run this smooth in a long time. thanks for all the ideas and help. omg its like a dream it finally is fixed anyone know the official time i have to wait before getting inspection for our cars. i know all card are different . idk if its about miles or cycles?

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 12-29-2011 at 02:01 AM.