Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #41
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
malibu had the 3.1L if I remb correctly so not exactly the same but it is kinda

yes your rad can leak internally but it would have to be checked at a radiator place to find out if thats the issue or not
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #42
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
harmonica balancer xD
must be why it didnt show up on spell check lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
malibu had the 3.1L if I remb correctly so not exactly the same but it is kinda

yes your rad can leak internally but it would have to be checked at a radiator place to find out if thats the issue or not

not true. you could check it yourself. the only way you would have an internal leak is if you had a leak between the radiator and your aux coolers (oil, trans, p/s) depending on what you have. the way you would tell would be to check all your fluids. in this case your trans cooler has fluid about 30ish psi at idle. your coolant system would have 15 max. the result if you had a leak would be trans fluid in your coolant and you would have what would look similar to a strawberry milk shake for coolant. and if you want to really check things... next step would be to get a sample of your trans fluid. and if it has milk shake in it then you have a leak. if you had a oil cooler or p/s cooler like you would in most trucks or higher performance cars you would check each system the same way for cross contamination.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #43
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
your not supposed to warm up your car....you start it...let it run for about 15 seconds then start driving. until it gets warm i take it real easy...accelerate nice and slow. At least thats what ive been told....

Stop being a bunch of women and MAN UP...drive cold for 5 min. lol

Warming up a car is neccessary, if the car is carb'ed. Since the Alero is NOT a carb'ed car, no warming up in neccessary

As for the HG issues, I really don't understand what your are seeing here. A lot of white smoke, that lingers for about a block or so, yeah HG issue. I had a car do that to me. Coolant was getting into the number 1 combustion chamber and being burnt out the exhaust. The HG issue I had with the Alero was Combustion gasses getting into the cooling jacket and forcing the coolant out or a hard accel.

Is either of these happening to you? Is the oil clean?

If you do have a HG issue, feel free to replace the Water Pump, thermo, coolant bottle, raditior, and anything else you like. It's NOT going to fix the problem

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote