Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Fuel System leaning out.

I have an issue, a little back ground info. as most of you know i auto cross the shit out of my Alero, well the races have been cancelled for the past 4 months and the car has been sitting for the last 7 months. i didn't drive it at all for 3 months except in and out of the garage and it had very little gas in the tank. i have recently started driving it again at least on the weekends and to work sometimes just to keep the cobwebs out. auto cross should be running again in January, but now i have severe lean-out, fuel pressure is running 45psi at idle 55 at throttle, i bumped up the fuel pressure the 50 psi at idle, 60 at throttle, replaced the fuel filter, i have increased the injector output twice and im still having the same issue, it acts as if it is running of gas, it has literally no power and im getting lean codes. so im at a loss, i don't think its the fuel pump its one of the high pressure pumps from milzy, any other ideas?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
leaking intake? vaccume leaks?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I have the exact same problem so I am very curious on what you find out. The only thing I could think of myself was possibly a bad injector but I get no codes for one being bad.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / 60lb Injectors / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

"Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Ceo View Post
^^ I have the exact same problem so I am very curious on what you find out. The only thing I could think of myself was possibly a bad injector but I get no codes for one being bad.

how/when did this problem start for you?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
^At first I thought it was my tune. When I changed my tune in my car and deleted my EGR it started showing up. It would come and go every once in a while and now I cant get rid of it. I went back and used different tunes to see if maybe that was causing it but it didn't take care of it. I also did a few relearns and that didn't work. I would have to say it probably started about 4 months ago or so.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / 60lb Injectors / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
GIC. are you sure its not because you deleted the egr? grantad we are comparing apples to oranges but my 85 sierra had wicked issues when i removed the egr.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

^ It might be but I removed all the codes pertaining to the EGR. After I deleted the EGR it was like 3 or 4 months after I deleted it the code up. I really started noticing it when I was tweaking the tune and messing with the spark tables. But after the lean code showed up I went back to the original tune and still had the code. I'm still thinking its a injector being either stuck open or possibly stuck closed.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
i would check both 02 sensor sensors that where your codes may be coming from also . They wont throw codes unless they are not getting power Is this happening when cold or hot? PE mode ? What the temp outside ? JAb you added fuel but the ECM is still pulling fuel from your tune so it maybe the 02 or ECT settings I am not ruling out a injector but more and more ethanol is being used in fuel (upto 20%) and its going to affect your tune too Just my .02 Good luck guys keep us posted !!
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

I decided to unplug the Maf sensor and let the pcm default to speed density, power seem to comeback a little but im still having lean out issues, i may have some maf issues also so im gonna look for an ls1 maf. i ordered a fuel injector cleaning kit, the type that uses air pressure and a chemical canister to pressure clean the injectors, if that doesnt help, im dropping in a new pump. i may attemp to go external with a pump. but i still have to pull the tank again to remove the walbro i have now. has anybody attempted to cut the floor to access the pump from inside the car?
Old 12-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

honestly iv never seen a fuel pump cause lean codes. there either working or not working.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

An update, i purchased an air pressurized fuel injector cleaning kit, ran cleaner through the system twice and had the same issue. so i looked into my calibration file, compared it to a stock calibration found that the maf table and ve table have not been altered,( i thought i increased my maf output frequency, but i was wrong ) so i added 25% to my maf table across the board and 15% to my ve table across the board and then smoothed the ve table. programmed the updated calibration reset the fuel trims and ran her, so far so good, i will need to run her some more, but no more lean out at this time.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

i understand ur programing things but whats the ve tabel?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
i understand ur programing things but whats the ve tabel?

volumetric efficiency
Old 01-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

You know I have tried resetting the fuel trim too and I couldn't get mine to straighten out either.

Let me know if you get it fixed because I am really close to ordering a new Racetronix fuel pump but I need it for my turbo build anyways.

I'm still leaning to a faulty injector but I don't get any kind of injector code.