Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #101
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
it says the youtube video has been removed. any chance you could update that when you get a chance. i really like to see you it came it.

good work nonetheless, must have been so aggravating
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #102
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
I agree I was just trying to be nice lol.

He should have posted the question in the new member section. But I just said what the hell and answered it.

I know. Mostly it's a playful tone, but since I am the first i know of to get these headers it would be good to keep the thread pure until I could get the final write up completed.

I removed the youtube video because it was taken when i had all the issues. tomorrow I get the engine tune and I will post a new one with (hopefully) all ailments alleviated and it will be freaking awesome. And...I think I sound like a queerball so I want one up where I am not talking lol.

update tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #103
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha yeah and I wanna get those headers but idk I don't want em rusting. But I hear those rust too so idk lol my buddy has black long tube pacesetters on his TA they are a little rusty...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #104
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
no more engine codes. tune and new video to follow soon.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #105
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Hahaha yeah and I wanna get those headers but idk I don't want em rusting. But I hear those rust too so idk lol my buddy has black long tube pacesetters on his TA they are a little rusty...

every thing is going to rust with time

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #106
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
good to hear
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #107
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
every thing is going to rust with time

true..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #108
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
if you downt want rust buy a powdercoat gun spray on some powder coat mixed with zinc phosphate and toss in the oven.

Than heat wrap it
eat mustangs
Profit ???
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #109
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Here is a little update on the 3.4 pacesetter headers install: I went to a different brake and muffler shop and asked if they could do anything about the pipe vibrating the heat shield like crazy and making that sound like crap. They succeeded in heating up and bending the pipe and no more shield vibration which is good.

There is always a black lining though in my stories...

Wife and I were cruising a bit and I gunned it to pass a car and..."foomp..brrrraaaathththththt." The effing headers popped off in the rear or the damn exhaust detached from headers. I hope it is the latter.

Bullshit. FML.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #110
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Good news! The exhaust just detached from the headers!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #111
sleepyalero
GLS member

Not very good news
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #112
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
how the hell did that happen.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #113
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I'm assuming that when they heated and bent the pipe, they forgot to tighten that particular bracket down. It's better than the headers actually coming off. The force of me gunning it just shot the tubing out-but it is all still hanging in there. Just need to nurse it for a couple miles to the shop where the ahoes are going to fix it.

Can't wait to be out of this town...
Old 06-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #114
sleepyalero
GLS member

Damn man. Sorry to hear about all this crap your going through with them...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #115
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Soo.. Fixed and video???
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #116
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

After today, maybe. Just found out the original shop stripped a couple bolts on the front headers=leak=burnt gaskets=re-do!! Get it back today-should be a lot different than before I hope.

Update: headers are properly sealed now and where the front used to roar, it is more along the lines of a purr now. I can actually hear my exhaust again, which sounds much nicer. I am inspired once again.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 09-21-2011 at 09:27 AM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #117
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Here's the vids. Keep in mind that I have a 2.25" catback with these vids and not the 2.5 that comes with pacesetters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeEpPYQSVPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHDL8QPqI1U
Old 01-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #118
alerogls001
GL Member

alerogls001 is on a distinguished road
I think it sounds nice. Didn't know headers made that big of a difference. I had the Pacesetter exhaust which I liked but never got to the headers. In fact, I think they weren't available at the time anyway.

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
alerogls001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #119
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

It doesn't have the true pacesetter exhaust though. These videos were taken with a 2.25" catback, not the 2.5" that comes on the pacesetter exhaust. New videos to come when the exhaust is re-done.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #120
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAh9t9mPW28