Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: Should I get Duel exaust with my ASS kit, or single out exaust?
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2005, 01:20 AM   #1
|Rev|

SO I am getting exaust soon, and I don't know wether I should get duel exaust, or single, I am getting the ASS kit, so duel might flow better, but it's a 4cyl and I've heard a total of 1 4cyl's that sound good with duel exaust, (molson's I think it was) and I don't know which one to get. Give me your opinions, I may or may not have already made up my mind, but I need a little extra shove to make the decission
Old 03-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #2
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Do dual even if for no other reason than it looks way better.

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:53 AM   #3
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
depends on the muffler you're using. if you're goin with the flowmaster camaro muffler like a lot of people have then it would look pretty sweet with dual tips. but if you're using a straight thorugh muffler i'd personally go with a single and put in a resonator up stream to tone it down a little. also depends if you've made up your mind about the turbo or not. if you go with the turbo you'll definately want the straight through muffler.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:30 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
dual SLP

'nough said

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
if your going AAS, i think dual exhaust would look better. i wouldn't dual dual twin tip, but 2 3.5" tips, one on each side.

dual exhaust doesn't flow any better, it actually flow's worse. you might want to wait untill you decide on a turbo or not. with a turbo, you probably want the SLP setup because of the mandrel bent 2.5". without a turbo, 2.25" crush bent is better
Old 03-18-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
get a straight single..........you can't even tell the dual outlets on the AAS bodykit unless you crouch down to the ground to look, they are sort of recessed underneath the rear bumper a couple inches.......
Old 03-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
Grouch

I've heard the SLP muffler on a 4-cyl sounds pretty bad. I'd go with the Dynomax SuperTurbo or a Magnaflow/Flowmaster muffler to dual outs.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #8
|Rev|

I have a little while to think about it, but keep the comments coming!!

Kyle: Do you think that a single out would sound better than a duel? I'm not too worried about looks as I am sound
Old 03-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #9
|Rev|

and lets just say that I do plan on turbocharging it
Old 03-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Mar 18 2005, 01:35 PM
Kyle: Do you think that a single out would sound better than a duel? I'm not too worried about looks as I am sound
i honestly am not sure on a 4banger, i know i like the sound of my custom SLP system on a v6 versus an actual v6 SLP.........you might just have to experiment a little bit, whatever you do get 2.5 piping, then play with the mufflers in the rear, you don't need high dollar mufflers, buy some $20 off ebay and just play around with some piping and mufflers, won't cost you that much.....
Old 03-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
|Rev|

I think that just because of the fact that it's a 4banger, and I might turbo it late late this summer/ fall, I am going to go with a single out, I just need to decide on what muffler to do it, I think I want magnaflow or somethin that sounds good with a single out
Old 03-19-2005, 02:03 AM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
damn your a poll whore.....................LOL

well from listening to Molson's with duals and then others including mine. sounds are the same.

far as turbo. it doesn't matter if you have a single muffler with single out or a camaro muffler with duals. it will sound good and preform the same.

couple of things though, no straight thru muffler on 2.4 it gets raspy and do not use the SLP muffler. i have a magnaflow on mine (mfullers old exhaust) and ask fuller, silent, no sweat, crazy, turkey, etc on how mine sounds.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:25 PM   #13
|Rev|

I that's what I was thinking, go with my original plan and get the magnaflow muffler, the one that has the 2.5 in and out, and is in and out on the same side of the muffler
Old 03-20-2005, 12:17 AM   #14
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
You can also get a handful of other ones with that configuration, like the Dynomax super turbo, and the ultra-flo. I don't know if flowmaster makes one if you like those things...
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:50 AM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Mar 19 2005, 07:25 PM
I that's what I was thinking, go with my original plan and get the magnaflow muffler, the one that has the 2.5 in and out, and is in and out on the same side of the muffler
mine is the one with in and out on same side.