Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Whats you whole setup MMGT1??
Old 07-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #83
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Short list, Stage II MMS Engine. S&S Headers, full exhaust, H&R Springs W/ KYB Struts. Built block, and tuned by me using HP Tuners
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #84
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Have you run with those yet? If not, you are about to see your 12's man. If you got a 13.0 out of it before, I would hazzard to guess a 12.6-12.7 is in your future!

Sorry to say, already had two sessions with those; best 60 foot was 1.874, but I hope to squeeze a few more thousandths out of 'em.

But the big problem is, the car ran out of fuel in some of the last runs at the track. The 28lb injectors could have been at fault, but it could also have been the fuel pump canister running dry. I had the FPR set up to 62 psi to help the injector situation. Injector duty cycle hit 105%, but in the past I was able to maintain AFR at that point. Then again, the injectors might have cut flow because of the higher pressure. The failure actually occured at a lower duty cycle.
Here is a scan graph of the last run back in November:

WARNING:
Due to the graphic nature of this graph, those sensitive to things graphic should NOT LOOK

In chart #4, you can see the O2 reading gradually begin to decrease, then suddenly drop like a stone. Soon after, chart #3 shows the sudden rise in KR, and the Table logs the misfires at that point. At the very end, the misfires produced a few backfires also, and the IAT sensor reading instantly rose 25 degrees. That sensor is located in the upper intake, on the side near cylinder#1. ( normally I don't get that much KR in 1st and 2nd gear, but I set it up a few degrees more than usual for those last runs. Net timing was about the same)

Now, in order to maintain good atomization and minimize misfiring on cyl #1 with the RC injectors, I will need to have the engine warmed up hotter than in the past, which can hurt E.Ts. And to make sure the fuel canister doesn't run dry, I will have to have at least 3/4 tank full of gas, which adds some weight.
Add to this, I am still running a stock tranny.

Not that I'm complaining

*whole story on those sessions is here:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32775

Last edited by AleroB888 : 07-10-2011 at 12:13 AM.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #85
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey B, you willing to post your tune so I can have a boo?

And yes, that is painful.. hahhahahahahaha

And do you have mounts done or are you stock with those? Especially the trans mount??

Hahahaha on me, I keep adding to this.... also are you running a MAF or are you running Baro? Looks like you have the MAF in there but just asking to make sure bud.

Last edited by MMGT1 : 07-10-2011 at 09:39 AM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #86
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post

Sorry to say, already had two sessions with those; best 60 foot was 1.874, but I hope to squeeze a few more thousandths out of 'em.

But the big problem is, the car ran out of fuel in some of the last runs at the track. The 28lb injectors could have been at fault, but it could also have been the fuel pump canister running dry. I had the FPR set up to 62 psi to help the injector situation. Injector duty cycle hit 105%, but in the past I was able to maintain AFR at that point. Then again, the injectors might have cut flow because of the higher pressure. The failure actually occured at a lower duty cycle.
Here is a scan graph of the last run back in November:

WARNING:
Due to the graphic nature of this graph, those sensitive to things graphic should NOT LOOK

In chart #4, you can see the O2 reading gradually begin to decrease, then suddenly drop like a stone. Soon after, chart #3 shows the sudden rise in KR, and the Table logs the misfires at that point. At the very end, the misfires produced a few backfires also, and the IAT sensor reading instantly rose 25 degrees. That sensor is located in the upper intake, on the side near cylinder#1. ( normally I don't get that much KR in 1st and 2nd gear, but I set it up a few degrees more than usual for those last runs. Net timing was about the same)

Now, in order to maintain good atomization and minimize misfiring on cyl #1 with the RC injectors, I will need to have the engine warmed up hotter than in the past, which can hurt E.Ts. And to make sure the fuel canister doesn't run dry, I will have to have at least 3/4 tank full of gas, which adds some weight.
Add to this, I am still running a stock tranny.

Not that I'm complaining

*whole story on those sessions is here:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32775
Hey man, if you can put race gas in it, dont think about it twice... Im sure it has to be available around your area or the track. You will hit 12s right away, the KR are taking away you timing, race gas wont see that and you will be golden, and thats just as it is without tuning it more.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #87
MMGT1
GLS member

The solution to a faster time is right there in that scan I believe. Adjust how your PCM reacts to KR and you are going to run a fater time. Knock Retard Decay Rate: Multiply it by 2; Both high and low loads. Then Multiply the Base Retard Rate by 0.5 Flash it on and give her a go bro!