Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #21
nhartwell

I like it? And because everyone hear hates on them.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:22 PM   #22
Alerwhoa

Hmm if you make it so it only sits up about 2-4 inches off the rear deck it might look alright. I do love CF but hate park benches.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #23
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
I hate them on any car period.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #24
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
We hate them cause they look like CRAP on any car...

and I'm guessing you are getting a fart can exhaust next??
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #25
nhartwell

I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
We hate them cause they look like CRAP on any car...

and I'm guessing you are getting a fart can exhaust next??

Dude, I love your stock alero!

Last edited by nhartwell : 11-22-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #26
nhartwell

Anyways, anymore constructive criticism?

Last edited by nhartwell : 11-22-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #27
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Put the $400 into the motor instead.

BTW my Alero isn't stock

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #28
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll make this point. You know who could pimp this car on his ride??? BlackJack can. The reason I use him for an example is that his car is not an ordinary Al and once completely fine-tuned will smoke alot ricers on the street. It's a performance spoiler and is meant to be on a performance car, I don't mean just an intake and exhaust. Putting this on your car would be the true definition of RICER

**Disclaimer**

Black Jack's car does not endorse the use of carbon fiber nor has given an opinion on this topic and/or any other subject pertaining to said wing.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
nhartwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
I'll make this point. You know who could pimp this car on his ride??? BlackJack can. The reason I use him for an example is that his car is not an ordinary Al and once completely fine-tuned will smoke alot ricers on the street. It's a performance spoiler and is meant to be on a performance car, I don't mean just an intake and exhaust. Putting this on your car would be the true definition of RICER

**Disclaimer**

Black Jack's car does not endorse the use of carbon fiber nor has given an opinion on this topic and/or any other subject pertaining to said wing.

First? Speak english "pimp this car on his ride???"... Second, exhaust and intake? HAHA at the least. Who gave those with this little intelligence the right to talk.

Last edited by nhartwell : 11-22-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #30
nhartwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Put the $400 into the motor instead.

BTW my Alero isn't stock

Never said yours was hence the quoted above

What i'm hinting at, is when people on here who's rims or hubcaps still sport the alero emblem, they should just keep their mouths shut. HAHA... It's a plain and simple concept.

Last edited by nhartwell : 11-22-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #31
FantomForceCustoms02
GL Member

FantomForceCustoms02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FantomForceCustoms02
My car is far from its original stock form, so I may meet your requirements to voice my opinion. The wing is a bit much for our cars. The wing was designed for a japanese tuner car like in the picture. I actually prefer no wing at all on the alero. I think it's a lot smoother look. But if you like it, then more power to you but take a look thru the site and check out the other aleros with a similar wing and you might change your opinion.
http://www.myspace.com/fantomforce
FantomForceCustoms02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #32
CiscoPath
GL Member

So a typographical error makes me less intelligent?? Well welcome to Aleromod, smartass because you'll find that here. If your car isn't boosted or putting out enough power to run 12s (and you have mentioned no mods to back this up) then the wing's purpose of being light weight and aerodynamic are wasted. There's a reason we don't like the wing, IT'S SERVES OUR FWD NO PURPOSE, and we're not a community made up of "POSERS". So screw it, buy the wing, we will hate on it, you'll get irritated and leave the board. It's your car, RICE it up.

HAHA....and it's still just funny to me how an error makes me the weakest of the pack and how petty of YOU it was to even bring it up. If that's the best you got, you're in the wrong place, bud.

Last edited by CiscoPath : 11-22-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #33
CiscoPath
GL Member

And no, the wing wouldn't do BlackJack any good either since it's FWD. No matter how much you're running. So no matter how you do the math, Rear Downforce-inducing wing + FWD = GAY.

And I checked all your previous post. Questions about gauge clusters, air intakes, mufflers, and headers? I mean that "powerhouse" should be already hav................OOOOHHHHHH, I see. Do yourself a favor, stop shooting the shit and just put the wing on. If you like, that's all that matters.

Man, I miss the days of Modalero

Last edited by CiscoPath : 11-22-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #34
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i think it will look okay with smaller brackets so it almost sits on the trunk. A carbon fiber cowl hood would really help it though.....
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #35
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
One thing to consider when putting a huge wing on a car is that it is a tip off to mechanics that you might be a sucker. I've been in garages talking with different mechanics and a kid would pull with a huge wing, everyone would smile and laugh because they knew easy money was coming their way. Also cops will keep a closer eye on you.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #36
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
iA carbon fiber cowl hood would really help it though.....

kyle with the shameless plug lmao
Old 11-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #37
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK you bought the wrong car.

You have the mentally, mind-set, and attitude of a ricer, go get a Civic, you'll probably be happier

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #38
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm not totally against it. i'd like to see it before i form an opinion. but, you may want to add more cf to complete the look.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #39
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
kyle with the shameless plug lmao

i don't know what you are talking about.......
Old 11-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #40
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
OMFG, The only thing that is good for is to drive around town with your wet laundry hanging on it to dry. Loose the spoiler.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote