Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #41
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh_nigma View Post
... it'll be painted black once the body kit and other things outside the car are finished...

Thank God! lol Cause I was going to say Green with black and red trim would be fugly also. Looks great though!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #42
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
Cut, shaped, sanded, and threw on the fiberglass onto the center piece of the floor console... mapped out where the leather/vinyl will go on the main piece, and well... lets just say, long night, but I'll definately have some pics when I'm back. Din-din time.
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 AM   #43
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

SO, a few more update pictures...

First thing I had to do was cruise down to the local wreckers and pick up a few parts, and yes... ummm... that would be the joke behind the first picture.

Second picture... Managed to get the red half of the material down on the floor console. Overtop of this, there's going to be the black material done in the same manner as was shown before on the top half.

Third Picture... the center console section where the stick's going through, well, it's redone a bit - I just can't leave anything the way it was - and here I'm laying down the fiberglass.

Forth? Forget the strokes from the cigarettes as the pack advertises... this is what happens when you distract yourself by lighting a smoke while cutting through parts... mmm, yeah...

The last picture is the initial cut done on the fiberglassing. You can see the new opening that was cut, and the boot will be added in.

Tomorrow, once it hardens, I'll do a bit of polish-sanding, paint it, and glew 'er down. Get the boot done up, and hopefully sew up and throw on the black forward half of the floor console.

What's tomorrow, Friday? Yeah, I'll be going up to Calgary again on Saturday, so, tomorrow's a "git'er done" day. Well, enjoy.
-Why the hell not?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:27 AM   #44
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Why does everyone drinks Coor's Light? just grab a glass of water, its the same thing, and cost less!
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #45
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
Why does everyone drinks Coor's Light? just grab a glass of water, its the same thing, and cost less!

...leftovers from buddy's 2-4 from the night before... notice today it was R&R?
-Why the hell not?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #46
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
awwww mark u cut your wittle finger.

coors light? sweeeeet. lol. and you need to modify your seat in the first pic.. i think it sits too high and you may want a seatbelt.. or at least an attached steering wheel would be nice.
pawzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #47
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

...woke up this morning sick as a dog. This really sucks the big one. I think the long nights, early mornings, copious drinking has all caught up to me. Shmeee... did it to myself though. None the less... finish breakfast, get in the garage, and get to work. Hopefully by the end of today the floor console is done, and I can get my ass in gear and finish building up the back and the floors before I head back to work.
-Why the hell not?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #48
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
LOL, better be careful..wouldn't want to get pulled over for DUI in your garage...haha. Woudln't that be wonderful to take to court. "but your honor, I was in my garage, and my car doesnt even have seats!"
Old 03-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #49
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
lol dude, you still need to send me the address so i can pop in and check it out for myself check your pm buddy
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #50
TwistedDreams
VIP

TwistedDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TwistedDreams
I love seeing "as you go" pics keep it up bro
Old 03-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #51
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Your car is going to be one sexy beast once your done
sorrowfulkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #52
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Hey, thanks everyone for the compliments. So, as I sit here smoking, here's a bit of an update...

Picked up a couple pieces - again - and have measured out the size of the aluminium panels that will be rivetted as kick panels on the door panel, and the piece below it.

The pieces for the floor console are measured and cut, as well as the material for the "shifter bag" that will be sewn up as soon as I finish this smoke...

The kick panels and door panels will be finished up as soon as I get the speaker grills from e-bay... so sometime next week. I'm trying to cram in as much as possible, only because of a fishing trip next week. In short, I've got 8 working days left to finish 14 or so worth of work. Long night tonight? Ummm, yes. But, again, once I'm done tonight, I'll throw down some pictures here.

slowly these parts are beginning to stop being taken off or apart, and are on the brink of being put together... all I have to say, it's about bloody time.
-Why the hell not?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #53
RoetherB
GX Member

RoetherB is on a distinguished road
Dude, seriously, you are my hero. Right now, at this very moment, my alero's dash is sitting in the floor of my living room on top of a bunch of trash bags, and I have been scraping the damn glued-down foam off of it for hours.

What did you do to re-cover your dash? I couldn't find anything online but that disgusting carpet covering garbage. Like 99% of all other Alero owners, my dash covering came loose and started rippling and separating from the dash frame. My plan originally was to just fiberglass the entire dash after ripping off all the fake leather and padding, then sand it down and prime/paint/clear-coat it.

Seriously, your motif is *identical* to what I had in mind, except I am doing blue accents and trim. Thanks for the pictures, too. It just makes me that much more confident that the finished product will kick some serious ass! I'll upload some pics and start my own interior re-do thread this weekend sometime.

-Brad
RoetherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:52 AM   #54
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Oi... WAY too many fumes tonight... everything became, and still is, a bit funny. Too funny.

I'll have pics up in about 30-40 minutes of the floor console, minus the black trim. And hey! I somehow managed to short shift the bloody thing... I'm happy.

Now, smoke, drink, upload, drink... back in a bit...

Brad, thanks, and I'll post something for you when I've got a chance to go into a bit more detail.
-Why the hell not?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:07 AM   #55
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Sometime soon, I'm going to start redoing my interior so it doesn't look like crap anymore. lol I will probably need a lot of help from you on how you did some stuff... like taking the dash completely off and stuff... Did you do anything too your doors, like rip the fabric off and put new fabric on???
Old 03-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #56
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Okay, as previously mentioned, update pics...

1. The top part of the floor console, sanded, painted. I actually was surprised how well it turned out.
2. And this is how I started to make the shift bag. Just a cloth, put to shape, couple staples, and trimming. Take it off, cut out the pattern, and then it's a matter of putting stitches to the material.
3. The finished console. The only thing that I need to finish, cut outs for the 'vents' hooking up the lights, and a piece of black trim between the top half and the bottom half.
4. This is it sitting in the car. The dash still needs to be done though.
5. Measuring out kickpanels for the two sides. They will also be going onto the door... can't see the outline though. They'll be sandblasted pieces of aluminium pop riveted in.
6. The board. Progress being made? Yes. Near the end? Nope.

Enjoy.
-Why the hell not?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:55 AM   #57
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
oooh coming together a lil! (its inside the car now at least)

And the planning board is too great, all organized....lol =)
Old 03-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #58
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

I'm definately going to be asking you for help on taking some stuff apart and how you covered things up... Also what kind of fabric are you using and where did you buy it???
Old 03-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #59
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
that is amazing work. can't wait to see it all done
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #60
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
It's looking really good! keep up the good work and eventually it'll all come together. Just don't hurt yourself anymore!
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote