Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
OSV bodykit Group Buy

I just got a call back from the guys at bodykit and it sound like this is a go, it all depends on all of you! He would be willing to start with the 7 guys we have but would prefer a total of 10. We agreed that once the naysayers saw the kit they would love it and end up buying it in the future. The problem for those is that it would be $800-900 in the future just for the kit.

The biggest issue is the donor car if paulyb backs out as it is in California right now. I need to hear from him personally to work out details.

This is for a full fiberglass OSV bodykit and not a lipkit. the group buy price is $600. The spoiler kit would cost an additional $275. We can do one or both together. There will be only one and only style of the kit. This kit will look like the OSV kit, pictures have been sent and more are getting sent tomorrow. For a total of $875=shipping, you can own an OSV bodykit. These are custom made in California and not some cheap ass Japanese kits.

We will not own the rights to the kit as someone aske unless one of you guys wants to plop down $9200 to buy the rights to the kit and the molds. This does not bother me at all. If these guys can sell 100 of these kits to some of our guys I don't care, just means that they would be willing to make more stuff just upon our request.
Shipping costs will depend on where you live and should average between $80-$150 and is due at time of delivery.
Once the donor car is there and the money is collected it will be roughly 6-8 weeks for delivery.

To powerlifter: I emailed you and you did not respond or post so there is nothing more i can do at this point.

Below are the guys that committed to the group buy on the previous thread, if i missed someone let me know.

Oldsnut
Oldsman
Silentalero
paulyb
Satsuriku
Zol
nickbain

If you do not want the full kit or rear spoiler, do not crap up this thread!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Last edited by Oldsnut : 12-23-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
full kit only ? i might want the front bumper

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
Old 12-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
It's a group buy for the full kit only!! Thats why it is a group build a buy.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
how in the world can the OSV rear spoiler be bolt-on? it's a smooth piece blended into the trunk and rear quarter panels. unless we all get the spoiler then mold it.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
how in the world can the OSV rear spoiler be bolt-on? it's a smooth piece blended into the trunk and rear quarter panels. unless we all get the spoiler then mold it.
The green OSV was a bolt-on by the way. Those that buy it would have to mold it if they want to look like the red OSV.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
Oldsnut

Hre are some links form SikMindz that show a kit produced by this company.
http://www.60degreev6.com/showthread.php?t=38441

The links below show what they were modeled after.
http://www.n-body.net/features/image...iser_Front.jpg
http://www.n-body.net/features/image...uiser_Rear.jpg

Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
so when does the money have to be in?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
I was under the impression that this wasn't going to happen untill after the holidays. If yall want it to go through before the holidays then I hate to say it but I'm out, but if it is still the origanal plan of after the holidays, ie, in January ( which is the impression that I got) then I'll still be in.

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4
5.7 liters of gas suckin power!
33x12.5r15 Mud Terrians on 15x10 wheels

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
Old 12-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
nickbain
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post

You only want the front? I might only want the rear. I'm not sure but I was going to get the whole thing and sell what I didn't want afterwards but if you only want the front then perhaps we can work something out?

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4

Old 12-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
Oldsnut

Before I start collecting any money from anyone, I still have to verify if paulyb is still donating his car for the mold. His car is in California right now but will be sending it back to the east coast by mid to end of February last I heard from him.

By the time this all gets put together it will be after Christms because I do have a life also but I don't want to wait to much after that. I do not plan on waiting til April or May as some have requested, I don't want us to risk losing the donor car.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #11
nickbain
GL Member

April or may would be better for me but january or febuary is still better than now and doable. Now if anyone wants to buy my snowmobile then it would be a lot easier

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4

Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
id be interested as long as the kit wouldnt be crushed when i lower my car since its on bags.... if you understand what i mean.

basically i would need measurements as to how much clearance there is between the bottom of any of the lips to the ground

Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Oldsnut

Ion: here is a picture of the green OSV, if you look closely you can see it was a bolt on spoiler.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #14
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNLow View Post
id be interested as long as the kit wouldnt be crushed when i lower my car since its on bags.... if you understand what i mean.

basically i would need measurements as to how much clearance there is between the bottom of any of the lips to the ground

Yup, I understand Sweet.

Scot: chime in here if you have those measurements handy. I am asking them to create it at around stock height so those that have it bagged or want ot bag their cars can do so.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i have all the pictures of the green OSV, can't really tell that it's bolt on, but whatev. i'm sticking with the AAS + Razzi wing.. probably
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #16
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok good to hear this might happen! looks like i got a couple of trips to the bank to make to consolidate some stuff and get some extra for this to happen. im going to TRY and shoot for the osv spoiler as well but im down for the kit for sure
Old 12-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #17
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
When will it happen around tax time? I'm sure by then youll have the details worked out right? if so im in like I said I have the money to throw down so let me know seriously.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #18
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
heres this other image that shows the spoiler a little bit better and it sure looks like a bolt on to me.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #19
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
When will it happen around tax time? I'm sure by then youll have the details worked out right? if so im in like I said I have the money to throw down so let me know seriously.
Does that mean you have the money to throw down now or in April? For the most part all of the details are worked out, its amatter of the donor car getting there and everyone gettin the money together.

If we could have the donor car there by mid january i would be a happy camper and start it then, if not we lose the donor car that was being used. There is just a tiny bit of coordinating going on here, can you see that.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #20
powerlifter812
GX Member

powerlifter812 is an unknown quantity at this point
To Oldsnut: I appologize, I have not received an email from you. Would you mind re-sending it to: powerlifter812@hotmail.com? Thank you.
Closed Thread