Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #21
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
eff YOU GM. Why didn't you made that red cherry metallic Alero OSV with the beautiful intercooled supercharger and many other sexy parts...
Well, if we do it right the OSV kit will be a good start. After that it is pay to play.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #22
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Well, if we do it right the OSV kit will be a good start. After that it is pay to play.

thats why i made this thread, to help kinda spread the intrest for the OSV kit. I know there is plenty of intrest, but hopefully this will help. maybe we could even put a link to this in the first post of the osv kit group buy thread / and or sticky. even though i sold my alero, i really want to see this kit made. if it is made, i would definatly try to find another alero (5 speed coupe)

i did take alot of your pics oldsman. right click save as when i see any OSV pics i dont have
Old 12-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #23
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
this is going off track, but whatever happened to the violet convertible alero? oh, and ive seen pics of a gren alero, i think the call it "california edition?" whats so special about that one?
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
it had racing seats, a huge ugly ass spoiler, and large stickers all over it
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #25
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
my favorite pic

Nice pic. Compare and contrast is great got any of the rear?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by joserivas19 View Post
this is going off track, but whatever happened to the violet convertible alero? oh, and ive seen pics of a gren alero, i think the call it "california edition?" whats so special about that one?

the convert was @ ASS 2005. not sure if it got crushed or it is still alive.

the RK Sport Cali edition alero, it was crushed. it had the cf wing, special side skirts, cowl hood, cf mirrors, racing seats, cf interior pieces, modded 3400, dropped and rims and tires
Old 12-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #27
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
Nice pic. Compare and contrast is great got any of the rear?

nope. i got to pics and then it went on the truck which i helped them load.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #28
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
nope. i got to pics and then it went on the truck which i helped them load.
One of the true perks of being an OCA member!!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #29
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
One of the true perks of being an OCA member!!

especially being a chapter president
Old 12-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #30
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
They have to crush them due to concept cars aren't real cars to drive around in. They don't have real VIN numbers so you can't register them if they did sold them. Example: A,E,D, had the red 99 grandam the new body style in 98 from GM to produce the bodykit and goto sema. They had to crush that car a few yrs ago, when the contract for the concept car was over.

I guess w/ enough money you could of bought the OSV cars but whats the use of when u can't register them to drive them.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by AftermathAlero : 12-28-2007 at 12:50 AM.
AftermathAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #31
Oldsnut

Quote:
especially being a chapter president
Dam it !!!!

If you have that much pull, Save Olds and bring it back!!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #32
Jferg2223
GL Member

Jferg2223 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
They have to crush them due to concept cars aren't real cars to drive around in. They don't have real VIN numbers so you can't register them if they did sold them. Example: A,E,D, had the red 99 grandam the new body style in 98 from GM to produce the bodykit and goto sema. They had to crush that car a few yrs ago, when the contract for the concept car was over.

I guess w/ enough money you could of bought the OSV cars but whats the use of when u can't register them to drive them.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

oh yes you could have plated them.................find a junk alero with a good title and pull the firewall with vin tag and swap firewalls out and the osv is driveable. you can build a fiberglass gto judge around an original firewall and it becomes an original car.......kind wierd.
MSD Coils - NGK Iridium Plugs - Taylor Wires - 62mm RSM Throttle Body - DHP PCM- 180 Stat - TPS Enhancer - Custom 3" CAI - Thunderbolt Spin Cat no resonator - Dynomax Dual exhaust w/ Borla Tips- Cleared Corners/Black Bezels
Jferg2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:34 AM   #33
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
The OSV most likely has a real VIN on it, the car was well into production to use a special VIN.

You don't happen to have the VIN of any of those one-offs do you Oldsman?!?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:41 AM   #34
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferg2223 View Post
oh yes you could have plated them.................find a junk alero with a good title and pull the firewall with vin tag and swap firewalls out and the osv is driveable. you can build a fiberglass gto judge around an original firewall and it becomes an original car.......kind wierd.

Well the OSV skirts are molded to the body. Pull the firewall would require removing the fenders thus unmolding the fenders. Or cut out the old the VIN tag from donor junk car and rivit in.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #35
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by joserivas19 View Post
heres my pics that ive gotten:

lol @ chris
Old 12-28-2007, 02:52 AM   #36
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
The OSV most likely has a real VIN on it, the car was well into production to use a special VIN.

You don't happen to have the VIN of any of those one-offs do you Oldsman?!?

I think ur right! It prolly did have a real VIN.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:14 AM   #37
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
I think ur right! It prolly did have a real VIN.

which is why it made zero sense for GM to crush them and not auction them off.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #38
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
which is why it made zero sense for GM to crush them and not auction them off.
Your talking GM and common sense in the same sententence, what are you thinking.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #39
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
does anyone have pics of the RK Sport Cali edition alero? that car looked nice. ive only seen two pics of it, are there more pics out there?
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #40
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
These pics are from the 2001 OCA Nat'ls held up here. What's the story on this one?

AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote