Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #21
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
2-way alarms work. noise doesn't attract any attention from anyone else, but an alert sent directly to you will.

Had one, but I was in a bar at the time of my car being broken into...and I couldnt exactly hear/feel it vibrating. Train horn would be effective.

As for full coverage...you need your head beat in. I pay $89 a month for 8 months a year for full coverage as well as 30K in renters insurance.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #22
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i have full coverage... 100 a month. quite being a baby. car anything is expensive to replace.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #23
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
that sucks, what a pain in the ass

time to call kat skins and get some custom seats made.

www.katzkin2.com

black seat with tan perforated center tan piping ohhh that would be sexy

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you know how much that would cost?

actually i don't even know. i should ask what my dad's plan is. i know right now all i pay is like $53/mo for PLPD. but i'm pretty sure full coverage would be really expensive.

For Lindsey and myself, two drivers under 25 we pay $170 a month for full coverage with a $500 deductible on all three vehicles, bravada, corolla, and the alero....
Old 02-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
damn

i have no problem paying that much but i've heard people paying like $200-300/mo just for insurance when it's full coverage.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #26
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
full coverage on 06 impala, 02 caravan, for me and the wife I pay $155 a month for 10 months

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #27
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
wow....i pay $50 for plpd. my parentsd said that full insurance wasn't worth it on my old car.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #28
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
i wanted to kill the people who busted my window out and stole my crap, especially when i realized my elton john cd was in my cd player. you shoulda seen the cops face when i realized that. i think he thought i was crazy. elton john is the man.
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Oh, that was $356 for 6 months withi $50 comp/$100 collision. I also have no points, no recordable accidents and no tickets within the past 3 or even 5 years for that matter. I do also have my CDL, which brought my rates down even more.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
damn

i have no problem paying that much but i've heard people paying like $200-300/mo just for insurance when it's full coverage.

and here i was, thinking you were KING RESEARCHER. its all show, isn't it?

and someone send this to sweet.... he needs to know.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #31
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
well no i never even looked into it... didn't really care at the time. there was a thread on my local forum where people listed what they paid for full coverage insurance and it was a shitload
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #32
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
For Lindsey and myself, two drivers under 25 we pay $170 a month for full coverage with a $500 deductible on all three vehicles, bravada, corolla, and the alero....

I think I pay about the same a month for 3 vehicles (06 civic, 05 mazda 3, and the alero) I'm over 25, my wife is under 25, but we also have a kid. Overall I can not complain.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #33
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Yes the paint is HOK Tangelo. But i believe the base was a dupont white, so be careful and make sure they match that. Might want to confirm with Brent on it if you can.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #34
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Sorry to see this happen. Thats why w/ a nice car, you need a garage no matter what.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #35
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Was there an alarm on the car? How did they catch them? How long after they broke in? Damn! Thats why I watch my car like a hawk and am careful where I park...I got a lot of expensive crap in there! Good luck!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #36
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
that's what my plan is, I dunno many thieves/vandals that wanna stick around when it sounds like there's a train right there blasting in their face.
they will shit their pants and will have to continue robbing my car while its running down their leg

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #37
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
damn sweet would be pissed to see this lol

My thought Exactly!

There should have an alarm that makes the whole car electrified. Once you touch the car, you receive a large electric shock.

The alarm wired to train horn should work also. I want to see the look on a thief's face when the alarm rings lol
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #38
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
There should have an alarm that makes the whole car electrified. Once you touch the car, you receive a large electric shock.

body is used as a ground.... wanna blow some fuses? try putting couple thousand volts through that.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #39
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, well the car doesn't have an alarm on it except for the stock alarm, which is worthless. There aren't any parking spaces right in front of my apartment cause I work nights, so I had to park down the way a little and the car couldn't be seen from right inside my apartment.
More news: I had it towed to church brothers and they just flat out told me that they wont do the work cause it is custom. They refused to do it. So now I am looking for shops around town that will actually do the work. So going through some more bullshit. Glad that cause some people vandalize my car I am stuck trying to figure out who will fix it cause it is custom. BWAH!.....

And thanks sound_xtreme, I still have brents number so I will be calling him sometime soon. Im pretty sure it was based in dupont white as well cause on the side skirt the paint is white where it was previously scratched before I got it...

Well I will keep everyone informed....
Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #40
cherrington17
Gone

they won't work on it, cuz its custom? wasn't everything that was damaged, stock? (seat/lights?) the radio is easy enough to replace.. just plug and play.

window isn't custom.

they are idiots.