Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Blackthunder99 is on a distinguished road
Hid help

I'm About to buy my Hids from ddm tuning. I already have the relay for the 9006 bulb and I was going to get one for the fog light bulb 894 bulb does the relay really help much. Need help
Blackthunder99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i just bought the hid kit itself, no error eliminator or anything like that, its just plug and play.

ive got the 8000k 35w Slim ballast HID kit from them. had it for about 2 years now with no problems.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
Blackthunder99
GX Member

I know they last long but should I get a relay for the fog light or not worth it
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
umm im not sure on the fogs, i never got the hid fogs. someone will pop in and answer the question. but i doubt you need it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Blackthunder99
GX Member

I run with my fog on just has much has my headlights
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
there is a direct fit bulb number for the hids on here. little bit of searching you should find it. DO NOT run a 55w kit in the fogs, must be 35w. dont bother with them if you have cracked or leaky housing, you will just blow bulb after bulb.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah 55w will melt the housing from what ive heard, or the wiring.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, do get the relay harness.

It NEVER hurts to have bigger wire to the lamps than the thin spaghetti stuff GM used factory.

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #9
Blackthunder99
GX Member

The relay not a bigger wire it just hook to the batterie for my power right
Old 11-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
First of all, it's a harness. Not a relay. Second of all, get it. Faster ballast charging, more reliable and less likely to blow a fuse. I have ran with and without harnesses, and I can tell you, it is definitely worth it.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthunder99 View Post
The relay not a bigger wire it just hook to the batterie for my power right

The RELAY? No wiring, you're right.

But hanging a relay in air does nothing - you'll need wire to interconnect everything.

So, the HARNESS with the relay - it SHOULD be bought with heavier gauge wire than factory.

THAT is where the advantage comes in.

Besides, you've got a relay in the wiring already ... it's right there in the underhood fuse block! Check your service manual (you DO have one, don't you? If not, GET ONE - Preferably a Helm manual, either new from www.helminc.com or used off eBay - used will claim to be a factory manual, it will be, since Helm did the printing for GM and others.)

RwP
Old 11-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
sleepyalero
GLS member

all you need is the kit and harness, plug it in, and go..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
I ran the ddm HIDs in my fogs and about half the time, one light wouldn't come on at start up, just had to turn the fogs off then back on and it was ok, but unless you are parked somewhere where you can see your reflection, you didn't know if it was on or off to start with unless you got out and looked.
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
Blackthunder99
GX Member

I'm going to get the relay from ddm tuning with the fogs

My 9006 are going to be 4300k slim
My 894 are going to be 3000k slim

Any idea where to but the Ballast at so they don't get mass up and brake
Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

uhh, i would get 6000k or 8000k those are really best lighting.

the ballasts come with the kit.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #16
RalphP
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
uhh, i would get 6000k or 8000k those are really best lighting.

the ballasts come with the kit.

Err - no.

They are BLUER, but that's not BETTER.

Actually, the human eye has its best sensitivity in the 4300K to 5000K range.

By the time you get to 8000K, you've gotten about 2/3rds of the rods in your eyes deactivated (no red or green!), so all you're using are the less sensitive BLUE rods.

Better to get into the red/green overlap and use 2/3rds of your eye, instead of only 1/3rd.

I suggest you study up sometimes on human spectral sensitivity.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #17
Blackthunder99
GX Member

I'm going for visibly at night. And I know they come with the kit I'm asking we're should I put the ballast under the hood at
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #18
Blackthunder99
GX Member

I'm getting headlights in 4500k and fogs on 3000k
Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #19
sleepyalero
GLS member

below/behind headlight.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
Blackthunder99
GX Member

How you mount the below or behind it