Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
use the search button some
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28389
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #22
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Blackthunder99 is on a distinguished road
So my question to you guys are is 4500k for my 9006 and my 3000k not going to look good or should I do 6000k for my 9006 and 3000k for my fogs
Blackthunder99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #23
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
it's your preference. I like the 8 - 10K look, but if you want visibility go with 4500K. Fogs, again personal preference. I live where there is never any fog so I didn't need the fogs for function, I had them for show, so I put 10K in the fogs. If you need the fogs to actually function, go with 3K
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #24
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
idk about fogs but i highly suggest 6000k ATLEAST for 9006.

6000k is like a super white. not really blue. im sure you wont regret 6000k,

ive got 8k and the light output is just amazing.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #25
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
idk about fogs but i highly suggest 6000k ATLEAST for 9006.

6000k is like a super white. not really blue. im sure you wont regret 6000k,

ive got 8k and the light output is just amazing.

8K won't have ANY visible light.

8000K is too blue for the human eye to work with as efficiently as we could wish.

(Amazing what three zeros can do ...)

Let's start with the human eye spectral efficiency. If you gander at http://lea.hamradio.si/~s51kq/V-CIV.HTM , it has a nice chart that correlates to the wavelength.

However, that doesn't help when the lights are rated in degrees Kelvin. So how do they relate?

Well, here's two charts - one of the degrees kelvin vis the effective color at http://images.digitalmedianet.com/20...0/story/02.jpg . The second is of the wavelengths vis the effective color at http://www.giangrandi.ch/optics/spectrum/visible-a.jpg .

When you line them up with the spectral sensitivity chart in the first link, we find that the BEST color is about 5600K. Which, strangely enough is ... the color of sunlight! (Funny that.)

8000K is that of "daylight", where it's so bright our eyes iris down.

This is NOT a good thing at night - since the retina is not as sensitive, but the mechanism that controls the iris is not that color sensitive, we get smaller irises due to the light level, but we Just Plain Can't See.

For a show car, that's one thing.

For one on the road, that's something different.

5600K would be perfect if we could get it. Barring that, looking at the charts in the first link again, it's better to get closer to 4300K to 5000K instead of going up where we're losing visibility no matter how bright it is.

Of course, that ignores the fog lights. We really DO want it down below the reflectivity index of water in the air - so we go to 3000K to get some usefulness out of the light being emitted, instead of it just reflecting back off the water in the air.

But eh. Your car, do what you want. Just be accurate when you describe lights by Kelvin as to their efficiency (which is what's important. If you see better with color A at 1000 lumen than with color B at 3000 lumen, which is brighter, and which is BETTER? Think about that for a bit ... )

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #26
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
to each his own, but i love my 8k's.

anything below 10k (unless for show) is way better then stock imo for night drivig, i drive 95% of the time at night anyway, and its never gave me problems.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #27
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
RalphP, are you telling me my 10,000k hids don't produce visible light? Last time I drove down the road, I'm almost positive I saw light coming from my headlights. Also, my brights are 12,000k and it lights up everything around me like it was daytime. Now I will admit 5000k or 4600k would definitely be brighter, but don't go around saying other areas of the light spectrum won't produce light. If you have not used or seen their effects in person, don't go talking down on it.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #28
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Well I'm thinking should I do 4500k or 6000k for my 9006 bulb I know for sure I'm going 3000k for fogs this is hard. Does anyone know where to mount the ballast for the fogs to
Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #29
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
mount them wherever. they should be able to breath a bit but out of water and dirt and crap.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #30
Blackthunder99
GX Member

I know that just won't to know the best place
Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
RalphP, are you telling me my 10,000k hids don't produce visible light? Last time I drove down the road, I'm almost positive I saw light coming from my headlights. Also, my brights are 12,000k and it lights up everything around me like it was daytime. Now I will admit 5000k or 4600k would definitely be brighter, but don't go around saying other areas of the light spectrum won't produce light. If you have not used or seen their effects in person, don't go talking down on it.

Quoted for truth.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthunder99 View Post
I know that just won't to know the best place

they should be shock proof (water resistant) basically as far as the ballast can stretch to be out of the way of most weathering and all that fun stuff. they should come with 3M double sided tape for mounting
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #33
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Okay

Real fast what will look better 6000k in 9006bulb and 3000k in fogs or 4500k in 9006bulb and 3000k in fogs
Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #34
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthunder99 View Post
Okay

Real fast what will look better 6000k in 9006bulb and 3000k in fogs or 4500k in 9006bulb and 3000k in fogs

look for pictures and such...everybody is different so everyone has different opinions...search and there are pictures everywhere that will let you see the different colors that are available...in the end the only opinion as to what colors you should use that matters is your own
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

heres a taste of 8k, 6k is more super white then this.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #36
Blackthunder99
GX Member

But I have stock headlights
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #37
03glgold
GLS member

i think that he just has cleared corners, it is still stock lens unless the lens is tinted it won't change the color anyways...not to come across as a joke but it seems as if you are shooting down all the help that anybody is trying to give...I can't post any pics of hids because i don't have any

Last edited by 03glgold : 11-04-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #38
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Know I'm taking it in thanks
Old 11-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #39
03glgold
GLS member

did you look at ddm's color charts...if not then when you look at the kit there is a tab under the pictures that could be of some help
Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #40
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Yea I also trying to find a different headlight has well