Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #41
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
you either modify the stock to your liking or get the euro, there aren't any aftermarket options for already modded lights...if you find something on here then it is because someone else modded them...they really aren't that hard to take apart and do yourself
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #42
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
yeah mine are stock, took apart, popped orange reflector out, and painted the chrom bezel inside black and put back together. pretty simple, just time consuming. first time took me about 5 hrs to do both lights, but ive done it numerous times now so its like a 3 hr job for me. heres a close up for it without lights on just so you get a better look... this was back in 2010

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #43
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
RalphP, are you telling me my 10,000k hids don't produce visible light? Last time I drove down the road, I'm almost positive I saw light coming from my headlights. Also, my brights are 12,000k and it lights up everything around me like it was daytime. Now I will admit 5000k or 4600k would definitely be brighter, but don't go around saying other areas of the light spectrum won't produce light. If you have not used or seen their effects in person, don't go talking down on it.

No, I'm not saying they don't produce some visible light.

I'm saying the light isn't as efficient as better temps would be.

I suggest you re-read what I typed.

Light very far off from sunlight isn't used as efficiently by the human eye, so if you're wanting to SEE down the road, you want something very close to 5300K (the color of the Sun). Anything too far from that and you're losing some of the benefit of the brighter light.

And then you can get hit with the SECOND whammy - the portion of the eye that is used to control the iris? Is sensitive OUTSIDE of the range that the rods and cones respond to. So a bright 10,000K source can cause the iris to contract (it goes "Oh, bright stuff!" and stops down to protect the retina), while the portion of the eye you SEE with goes "Bright light? What bright light? I don't see much there ..." A waste of money.

Let's also add that such lights, shining into OTHER people's eyes, will tend to blind THEM. So a safe driver won't go for a street car with 10,000K HIDs.

Let me repeat something else here - NONE of this applies to show cars! If your car is a trailer queen, or a show horse, don't pay ANY attention to this!

If, however, you drive it, you DO need to pay attention to the actual Kelvin rating to get the benefit of what you're paying for.

A good example of this is that halogen bulbs put out a LOT of "light" in the near and far infrared range, where our eyes don't see it. I'm currently running HIRs for my low beams, HIDs for my high beams, and a 4-light mod. The HIRs use a special reflective coating inside that takes a major chunk of the infrared output, redirects it back to the filament, and causes a much brighter light that's still in the 4300K range, albeit with a bit less "red" to it (because that red is now being reradiated as a whiter color ... Funny what we can do with modern chemistry! )

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #44
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
heres a taste of 8k, 6k is more super white then this.

Actually *puts pedant's hat on* That looks more like 8000K.

8K wouldn't be visible - it's down in the low bass audio frequency (!!) IIRC, from the conversion charts, it's about 10Hz in effective frequency. Red light (just above infrared), however, is somewhere between 10^13 and 10^14 hertz.

The "K" isn't Kilo, it's Kelvin.

And now back to your regularly scheduled forums.

This PSA brought to you by the letters K, the digit 0, and the units of measure for both temperature (Kelvin) and counting (Kilo).

RwP
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #45
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
those are 8ks
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #46
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
He is saying you are forgetting some zeros
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #47
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Blackthunder99 is on a distinguished road
Yes I know I'm just not good at modding headlights
Blackthunder99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #48
03glgold
GLS member

as long as you are a little careful, it isn't a very hard headlight to mod...heat up the silicone that holds them together and it comes apart fairly easy...the silver part that everyone paints separates from the main housing so you can put it on a piece of cardboard or something and over spray doesn't really matter...Mine were a little easier than most because both times i took them apart it was so hot and humid outside that my face was raining, so i didn't have to apply heat...if you search I believe there are multiple how-tos on it
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #49
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
He is saying you are forgetting some zeros

8k, 8000k.......... i think hes just being a smart ass.

i know there is supposed to be 3 zeros. im just lazy, and most people around here should know what i mean.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 11-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #50
RalphP
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
those are 8ks

No, they're not.

They're 8000K.

Consider - if you earned 8,000$ and your boss paid you 8$, would you be happy?

Them zeros DO matter!

RwP
Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I had 12,000 and 10,000k in my alero. the 12tho were a bit to blue but the 10tho made it clear as day even with all the blue. they were 55w kits though. the goat has 10,000k 55w in it but the projector housing seem to exaggerate the blue so theres less ambient light then the ones on the alero put out.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #52
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
No, they're not.

They're 8000K.

Consider - if you earned 8,000$ and your boss paid you 8$, would you be happy?

Them zeros DO matter!

RwP

.... quit typing rwp put it in your sig smart one.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #53
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Thanks what color do you think the stock Hids in the Altima 2010
Old 11-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #54
03glgold
GLS member

spending some time with google i learned they are 4300k...here is my source it is asked in post 11 and answered after that
http://www.altimaforums.net/2011-hid-kit-t3479.html?
Old 11-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #55
Blackthunder99
GX Member

Sweet just made my mind up I'm doing 4500k in 9006 and 3000k in fogs
Old 11-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #56
jawa