Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
|Rev|

I couldn't find anything on the OSV tags, i don't know why, I probably did something wrong. But I think I want to get em, do you guys think I should? And wheres the best place to get them, i heard Crazy did them, but I'm not sure he still does? and somewhere else I found has em, but they are out of stock so... yeah

Old 12-02-2004, 11:32 PM   #2
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Ask Crazy his are the best, i ordered a set from crazy and the other place and the other places look cheap.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #3
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

koruptid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to koruptid
putting osv stickers on your car is like putting a v-tec sticker on base model civic
Old 12-03-2004, 02:06 PM   #4
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally posted by koruptid@Dec 3 2004, 01:17 PM
putting osv stickers on your car is like putting a v-tec sticker on base model civic
not if your gonna have an osv kit on it
Old 12-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #5
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Crazytaxi37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crazytaxi37
I've got a set of red/chrome here and a set of red/gold. 2 packs only. Let me know REV.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:19 PM   #6
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero+Dec 3 2004, 02:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silentalero @ Dec 3 2004, 02:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-koruptid@Dec 3 2004, 01:17 PM
not if your gonna have an osv kit on it [/b][/quote]
still there is more than just a kit that makes the osv the osv..i dunno it just seems like eveyones always saying that they see these ricers with type-r and v-tec stickers on there cars when they arent...its the same thing that puttin on osv sticker
Old 12-03-2004, 03:18 PM   #7
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

there is a difference, there are type"r" and v-tec cars everywhere, there was only one OSV made and it is no-more. and very few people besides the majority of us know what an OSV is. O=oldsmobile S=special V=vehicle and with the modifications i'm doing i consider mine an Oldsmobile Special Vehicle=OSV!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:24 PM   #8
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

actually there were 3 osv's and only 1 is left..that is the worlds only osv alero...and it should be left like that
Old 12-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #9
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
OSV "Oldsmobile Specialty Vehicle" just like said up top. I think it is any Olds that is modified all the OSV Alero is a base GX Coupe with a 2.4 Supercharger motor and a nice body kit and wheels. I know there is more differences than that is its basics.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #10
alerosport.com

^ i thought it was a 3.5 in it?

iv seen the emblem on a red car and i liked! Rev

SeXy huh

Old 12-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #11
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
The Intrigue had the 3.5 liter
Quote:

New Model: Oldsmobile Alero OSV

Oldsmobile showed off three models at SEMA to introduce the public to the new Oldsmobile Specialty Vehicle series. The Alero, Intrigue and Silhouette were all sprayed a crimson red and rode on lowered suspensions. All three OSV models featured larger sway bars, Koni shocks, 13-inch Brembo cross-drilled rotors and larger wheels. The Alero was the most visually attractive of the three and had power coming via a supercharged 2.4-liter twin-cam engine making 230 horsepower. The Intrigue's supercharged 3.5-liter engine made 250 horsepower and 260 ft-lbs. of torque
Old 12-03-2004, 04:44 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
2002 OSV had a 3.5, also the 442 alero had the 2.4

Quote:
DETROIT - The term "pocket rocket" takes on new meaning with the 2002 Alero OSV concept car that was introduced today by Oldsmobile at the 2000 Specialty Equipment Market Association in Las Vegas.

Based on the production 2001 model, the OSV is fitted with the division's powerful 3.5 DOHC V6 that produces 215 horsepower in stock form.

"Alero is Oldsmobile's best-selling vehicle and more than 40 percent of the owners are under age 34,"said Peter Kosak, Oldsmobile strategic planning manager. "Based upon all the positive feedback we've received, we feel this type of performance coupe could be a promising program for Oldsmobile, particularly if we use existing hardware."

The 3.5 DOHC has been thoroughly balanced and blueprinted internally. With better breathing through intake modifications including K&N filtration and a full Borla exhaust system handling the spent gasses, the Alero OSV produces more than 245 horsepower.

Equipped with a 4T65E electronically controlled automatic transmission, the Alero OSV has more than ample acceleration with a final 3.29:1 final drive ratio. Traction control, standard on the Alero, is retained.

A similar OSV Alero concept was introduced by the division last year and was a major hit that drew plenty of attention at major auto shows and enthusiast events across the country. Last year's concept featured a 2.4 Liter four cylinder that was inter-cooled and supercharged. "The OSV concept allows us to look at many different powertrains," Kosak said. "While the import specialty market leads you to super- or turbo-charging, many enthusiasts still feel the adage 'there's no replacement for displacement' still applies."

The ride height of the vehicle is lowered 1.5 inches through the use of Koni struts and springs at all four corners of the Alero. For better stopping power, 13-inch Brembo cross-drilled disc brakes are used up front while production, 10.9 inch rear discs, that have been cross-drilled for extra cooling are utilized in the rear.

The Alero OSV also includes Racing Hart C 6 Evolution 18" x 7.5" chrome wheels that are fitted with Michelin 255/40ZR18 tires.

The exterior is slightly modified with a ground effects package along with front and rear spoilers. Revised front and rear fascias also are used on the coupe. "All the exterior panel modifications could be bolt-on pieces that could easily be applied through a normal assembly process," Kosak said.

A specially designed shade of green paint from PPG has been applied to the exterior. Darker, Oldsmobile "Rocket" logos are stenciled along the rear quarter panels.

Chrome and red Oldsmobile "OSV" badging is applied to both front fenders and the rear deck lid identifying the status of the Alero.

Inside, the design theme is carried throughout with the interior trimmed with green accents throughout. The Recaro Style, two-tone leather mini perforated seats include both a heat and cooling function and provide excellent lumbar and mid-thigh support.

Green leather accents also are used on the shifter knob and steering wheel.

Titanium brake and accelerator pedals are included. The interior also includes carbon fiber accents on the doors, shifter plate and HVAC control fascia. Custom floor mats are added and include the OSV logo.

"Alero remains at the forefront of our desire to offer an OSV project," Kosak said.

OSV Alero Coupe

CONFIGURATION

Five passenger, two door coupe
Front-wheel-drive
107" wheelbase

DRIVETRAIN

3.5L DOHC V6
245 bhp at 5600 rpm (est.)
255 lb.ft of torque at 4400 rpm
4-speed electronically controlled automatic (4T65E)

CHASSIS

24mm front stabilizer ba
r 15.3mm rear stabilizer bar
13" Brembo cross drilled front disc brakes
10.9" cross drilled rear disc brakes
3.29:1 final drive ratio
Koni shocks

BODY/INTERIOR

Front and rear spoiler
Custom-designed front and rear fascias
Ground effects package
Custom center exhaust outlet
Recaro Style seats
Two tone interior trim
Carbon fiber accents
Leather trimmed wheel and shift knob
Titanium brake and accelerator pedals
Specific OSV Badges

WHEELS AND TIRES

Racing Hart C 6 Evolution 18 x 7.5 Aluminum wheels
Michelin 255/40ZR18 tires

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERO 442 BLENDS PAST WITH PRESENT

DETROIT – Borrowing a bit of history from nearly 30 years ago and the days of musclecars, Oldsmobile today previewed an Alero concept car that traces its roots to the days of the Cutlass Hurst 442.

Emblazoned with a white diamond paint and special violet paint scheme, the latest version of the Olds 442 is designed stand apart from the crowd.

The show car Alero includes a trademark 442 front end including dual-squared hood scoops, and a dual port vertical grille and the violet "hockey stick" stripes down the sides and over the roof line. "With the Alero coupe we were able to instill a lot of heritage from the 1971 Hurst model that paced the Indianapolis 500," explains Richard Balsley, manager of Oldsmobile show cars. "The side profiles of the two cars are remarkably similar."

Powered by the standard 2.4 L DOHC four cylinder engine, the 442 Alero powertrain includes a five-speed Getrag transmission that is available on the new GX and GL models. The standard 155 bhp engine has received moderate performance upgrades with a reworked cylinder head and both induction and exhaust enhancement. Included are K&N filtration, a custom Flowmaster exhaust system including a tubular exhaust header and a low restriction muffler. Estimated horsepower is 175 bhp at 5600 rpm and torque is increased 10 percent to 170 lb. ft. at 4400 rpm.

Production brake rotors measuring 10.9" x 1.02" up front and 10.9" x 0.43" at the rear have been cross-drilled for more efficient cooling and less resistance to fade.

At each corner, firmer Eibach springs are utilized and ride height of the vehicle has been lowered a full inch.

Special Budnik 18" x 7.5" polished aluminum wheels, designed with the unique Oldsmobile "Rocket" logo and equipped with Yokohama 225/35ZR/18 inch tires provide the grip to the pavement.

Inside, the exterior design theme is carried through the specially trimmed leather "V" racing seats up front and production seat in the rear. Custom floor mats and a color-keyed steering wheel also are used in the concept 442.

The upgraded sound system includes a Kenwood AM/FM compact disc stereo with Precision power amplifiers and MB quartz speakers.

Designed to blend the heritage of Oldsmobile with today’s "pocket rocket" enthusiasts, the Alero 442 delivers sporty graphics, added horsepower and a premium sound system – exactly what today’s younger enthusiasts are looking for personal in transportation.

2000 OLDSMOBILE 442 ALERO

CONFIGURATION

Five-passenger, two door coupe
Front-wheel-drive
107" wheelbase
DRIVETRAIN

2.4L DOHC I4
175 bhp at 5600 rpm
170 lb.ft. of torque at 4400 rpm
5-speed Getrag transmission
CHASSIS

24mm front stabilizer bar
15.3mm rear stabilizer bar
10.9" cross-drilled front disc brakes
10.9" cross drilled rear disc brakes
3.94:1 final drive ratio
Production MacPherson Struts front and struts
Ride height lowered one inch
BODY AND INTERIOR

Twin scoop 442 hood
442 front fascia with dual port grille openings
Exterior striping
V racing seats
Matching interior trim
Color keyed steering wheel and shift knob
Kenwood AM/FM stereo with CD
Precision power amplifiers
MB quartz speakers
Custom floor mats
WHEELS AND TIRES

Budnik 18" x 7.5 custom polished aluminum Oldsmobile Rocket Wheels
Yokohama 225/35ZR/18 tires
Old 12-03-2004, 07:10 PM   #13
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Irregardless of the OSV's motor, or wether or not you should put them on none-osv vehicles, Crazy's osv emblems are fantastic, and I'd recommend them to everyone with an oldsmobile symbol. I truly think that this falls into the same category as the whole type-R thing, when I see OSV pedals and floormats, then I'll worry.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Old 12-04-2004, 11:05 AM   #14
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Dec 3 2004, 03:50 PM
OSV "Oldsmobile Specialty Vehicle" just like said up top. I think it is any Olds that is modified all the OSV Alero is a base GX Coupe with a 2.4 Supercharger motor and a nice body kit and wheels. I know there is more differences than that is its basics.
well all a mustang gt is, is a mustang with a bigger engine then, so slap on the gt stickers, or if you have a gt, get a saleen body kit, and bring on the saleen badges.

there are civic SI's, all it is is a little better engine/suspension, so its the same as them putting SI's on none SI civics.

how about all WRX owners getting STI badges?
i could go on and on

the osv is the same as the gxp's, type R's, SRT's, ss's...etc etc

it was more than a body kit and a engine. it had rims, custom interior, much improved handling, brakes, every aspect of that car was improved, looks, brakes, performance, handling, interior........if someone did all of this stuff to there car, then i dont think its 'ricey' but a near stock alero with OSV badges is the same as that kid you make fun of with type R badges on his CRX.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:19 AM   #15
koruptid
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mike2002@Dec 4 2004, 11:05 AM
but a near stock alero with OSV badges is the same as that kid you make fun of with type R badges on his CRX.
thank you
Old 12-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #16
alerosport.com

who cares, Rev was thinkig of getting some. Leave it up to him. I like em

Old 12-04-2004, 01:29 PM   #17
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by alerosport.com@Dec 4 2004, 11:52 AM
who cares, Rev was thinkig of getting some. Leave it up to him. I like em
Exactly.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Old 12-04-2004, 03:37 PM   #18
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
i agree, if you like them get them. i was reffering to how ironic it is that some people so quickly call rice, then defend "american rice". and this isn't directed at anyone here, but the even more ironic thing is that people who do rice the crap out of there american cars, are usually "anit-rice" and say there car is all american muscle (bunch of cars on cardmain like this)

i personally like the badge, and think it would look cool, but wouldn't use it because i dont have a osv.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #19
OpalaAlero

No one knows what an OSV is anyway, so who the f*** cares.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:57 PM   #20
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by OpalaAlero@Dec 4 2004, 03:50 PM
No one knows what an OSV is anyway, so who the f*** cares.
Good call, i feel the same, its not a known common car?
Closed Thread