Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation NOS nozzle placement? And then some.

So i got a nos kit with bottle warmer, purge sol, brain, bottle, brackets, all hoses and couple of shots. Couple things here...

1. Where would be the best place to put the nozzle in the intake? Between the TB and MAF? or between the filter and maf?

2. Anyone know where to find a ZEX shot guide? I have 4 shots for the kit. One is #38 and i know thats a 75 shot. The rest idk what shots they are and ive been looking for a guide that says what they are but cant seem to find one.

3. Anyone here running NOS? where should i run the T fitting for the fuel?

This is a dry kit btw. Thanks for the help.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't say "NOS" as a generic term for nitrous. This isn't F&F.

If it's a dry kit why do you have to tap the fuel line? lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Everytime somebody says "NOS" a car commits suicide

a 75 shot is way too much on a stock motor. People have ran 50 shots with some problems.

If your going to spray, a wet kit is better and safer, and usually more expensive and complex. Did you buy this kit used? Is that why you don't know what jets do what? I would look on ZEX's website for more info.

I've heard of people putting the jet around the filter somewhere. Don't take my word for it though. I'm no bottle and all throttle

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Everytime somebody says "NOS" a car commits suicide

yeah right!
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
So i got a nos kit with bottle warmer, purge sol, brain, bottle, brackets, all hoses and couple of shots. Couple things here...

1. Where would be the best place to put the nozzle in the intake? Between the TB and MAF? or between the filter and maf?

2. Anyone know where to find a ZEX shot guide? I have 4 shots for the kit. One is #38 and i know thats a 75 shot. The rest idk what shots they are and ive been looking for a guide that says what they are but cant seem to find one.

3. Anyone here running NOS? where should i run the T fitting for the fuel?

This is a dry kit btw. Thanks for the help.

This is going to be tricky. I would say put it before the MAF. Some tuners have done it after the MAF dry, but I think it needs to at least attempt to react to the change in 02 input. But you don't want it close enough to freeze the damn thing. Just after the filter would be safest.

I have seen a 75 dry shot successfully applied to an Alero V6 on a dyno, but that was in the thin air of Denver.

I would start with a 35 shot only at wide open throttle, because you MUST retune the PCM for a richer target AFR in Power Enrichment (PE), and possibly adjust the higher range of the MAF table. And may have to pull some timing at wide open throttle.

The problem with that is, when the Nitrous is not in use, the PCM would run it slightly rich at wide open throttle.

If the PCM can be made to react to the change in IAT, in timing and AFR, that can be a good route to go.

There is also a table, "Power Enrich Adder vs TPS" which could be useful.
( HA, I just looked at mine, it was way off for some reason, bet that's what's wrong with my cruise scans. HOT damn )

Good luck!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for calling it nos i just didnt feel like spelling out nitrous but alright. Anyway on the brain of the system there is a nozzle that a hose goes to for fuel. The car will have a tune. I have a wideband coming in on monday.

Yes i bought it off pf a guy on GAGT.

Quite a few people that run around the southside area of downtown with no tune, stock motor, and 75 shot lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

there are 2 nozzles on one side of the box, 1 is to take in fuel, 1 is cor vaccuum. and there is an output on the same side for nitrous.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 09-18-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

i will noy be running nitrous until i get a good tune setup. ive been reading on gagt and they say you DO NOT want to run without a tune.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Technically, using nos in place of Nitrous Oxide System would have fit there. It is honestly getting more irritating seeing people refer it to f&f than reading nos and ignoring it. I swear you guys point it out every time it's typed and then leave 5 or so comments about it. Get over it.
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah its whatever though, i know how all these guys are so im used to it. lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbxradxsx View Post
I swear you guys point it out every time it's typed and then leave 5 or so comments about it. Get over it.
tell that to the entire automotive aftermarket community

no one likes to hear it referred to as "NAAAAHHHHSSSSSS"
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #12
sleepyalero
GLS member

hahahah what about n2o?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
what about this company

yeah right!
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah! anyway we are way off topic here......lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
NOS, is a company, not the stuff itself

I call it spray. That's what it's called at the track

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

i like spray better lol. anyway the instructions say i need the nozzle to be 6- like 14 inches away from the tb. but kinda not possible because i might freeze/throw off the maf or iat? and the car would run messed up?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #17
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
i like spray better lol. anyway the instructions say i need the nozzle to be 6- like 14 inches away from the tb. but kinda not possible because i might freeze/throw off the maf or iat? and the car would run messed up?

Research what the LS1 guys do, experiment to get the best distance and angle to mount it ahead of the MAF, so it reacts properly. As long as there is not a lot of moisture at the screen, you should be OK. But I would not remove the screen, too hard to tune afterward. Can go with a stock type air housing as well.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #18
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah ill figure it out. but zex says you should have it between the maf and tb. but most people i know using spray puts it between the maf and filter. just like that ls1 lid.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #19
sleepyalero
GLS member

this is what the previous owner told me.

Good question. The fuel pressure regulator port I believe is the center one, goes directly to the top of the FPR. Since I painted it, its no longer labled, but I think I entched a "FP" just about the port.

The intake (the left port i think) I ran to the intake vacuum port on upper intake right next to the FPR.

Now u r left with 2 factory vacuum lines. I just looped the intake line back into the FPR line. That way there is a vacuum for the HVAC.

Try it out and let me know if you have anymore questions.

where is the fpr?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #20
Redog
Aleromod part owner

If you have to ask where the FPR is, then you should NOT be spraying any car.

The FPR on the 3400 is next to the throttle body, on the front of the engine

www.facebook.com/kb0177