Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 05-15-2005, 09:13 AM   #21
UnoWHO

Alright, Well I went ahead to change my shift my nob, pulled the pin, put the new shifter in place(its a Chrome Stick type) and it turns out that it works but theres one glitch...I cant shift far enough into park to take my key out, it goes up and allows me to be in park but not enough to take it out, So I guess Im going to order one offline.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:05 AM   #22
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
UnoWho, just adjust the hieght of the knob. Sounds to me like the button that pushes the shifter lock shaft down, isn't pushing the shaft down far enough for it to dis-engage from one gear position to the next properly. Once in a while, my Ichibahn does that same thing, so I just keep the correct size allen wrench right in the glovebox so I can adjust whenever, wherever.... Just loosen everything back up, then push the whole body of the shift knob down just a little bit, as-to make the button put pressure on the shaft, even without pressing the button. Then re-tighten the set-screws. I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Hope this helps, man.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #23
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
on the 5-speed shaft when you get the knob off is the shaft threaded , or will a shift knob with set screws be necessary?
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #24
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
this thread is 6 years old
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #25
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
and my question is new, didn't want to start a new thread for a question pertaining to an existing thread

Last edited by NONE : 11-16-2011 at 08:43 PM.
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #26
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE View Post
and my question is new, didn't want to start a new thread for a question pertaining to an existing thread

Wow, somebody who actually is using their brain.....
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #27
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
It's funny how newbie's get bashed for starting new threads without searching first and for once, someone does it right and gets bashed for the thread being old. Amazing.

Sorry None. I don't have an answer for you.
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote