The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Thumbs down

Feel Free to Post Your Tires:

Yokahama Parada Spec-2 Tires:
Quote:
Originally posted by "99Alero_Boy"
Store/Site purchased: I purchased these tires through Toyspeed Racing (a shop who hooks me up ) and i got all four tires size 225/40/ZR18 for $439.62, there was no shipping since i was already in Tulsa to visit family

Initial product impressions, quality: i had a set of yokohama paradas before and absolutely loved them, and i'm sure these ones will be just as good

If not self installed, cost of installation: I had all four tires mounted, balanced, and my car was aligned at Tires Plus in Tulsa for $77.02 and i sat there and watched and helped them the whole time, they didn't care, it was cool

Performance, appearance opinions: i love the aggressive look of the tread pattern on these tires, and these tires have awesome grip

pics below

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
Grouch

Yokohoma Avid V4 Tires (225-50/16)
Quote:
Originally posted by "3.4Alero"
Store/Site purchased: Sears (Sorry Nick, but they matched tirerack.com's price (w/shipping), then took off 10%!!)
Cost/Shipping: $75.00 each plus mount & balance ($76 each at tirerack plus shipping)
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Had to do a little convincing, since they did not realize that the Sears website says they will beat even an online retailer's price by 10%

Initial product impressions, quality: Initial opinion is great. They feel a million times better than my Kumho 712's, and they are both V rated, with close treadwear ratings (360 vs. 340)
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: N/A
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: N/A
If not self installed, cost of installation: $16/tire mount and balance

Performance, appearance opinions: Like the tread pattern a lot, and like I said, they ride great! Would definately recommend them!
Any other thoughts about the product: They haven't hit the track yet, so I'm not sure how they will do there. But I mounted two of my almost bald kumho's on my two extra wheels, so that's what I'll use at the track. Trying not to destroy these ones.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #3
AmericasChoice

Just bought michielen (spelled wrong) pilots xgt-h4 at sears for 105 a piece regulary 147.99. SO far so good.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #4
alerochick242

I had to get a set of new tires about a month ago, and I wanted to try something different than the Goodyear Eagle RSAs that came stock. I went up on Tire Rack and looked up some possibilities. I ended up getting Goodyear F1 Gs D3's. I LOVE THESE TIRES!!! They are considered summer tires and not for driving in snow, but then again, I don't drive my car when it snows anyways (it use my bf's Z71). The dry traction capabilities are excellent! The tires are made for wet conditions, and I had to wait a week to try them out. I almost couldn't belive it! I couldn't even tell the road was wet- they stuck that good!

Tire Rack has these tires in the stock size for a 2002 GL2 (225 50Z R16)- I don't have aftermarket rims yet

I recommend these tires- they were only $1 more apeice on Tire Rack than the stockers, but they have a better traction rating and a longer treadlife rating! :thumbsup:
Old 03-23-2004, 06:56 PM   #5
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
The COOPER ZEON 2XS tires are killer, even excellent in the rain. They have a take that corner faster look, and they respond well to my MADMAN driving!

Cooper Zeon
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
j-work

j-work is an unknown quantity at this point
I have Yokohama AVS db S2 on my Alero. The tires are great in all conditions including snow.
j-work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #7
justinusaf
GL Member

justinusaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to justinusaf
I have had the Yokohama Parada Spec-2's 215/35/zr18 on my eclipse for about 10k miles. I still have at least another 15k if things keep going the same. They are awesome tires in the rain and when dry. They suck in the snow. I will be purchasing theses tires for any vehicle I drive.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:31 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Sumitoto HTR+ in 225/45/17's

Bought at tire rack.com for $412 shipped and cost $40 for mount and balance

Great tires, Had a set of these on my cavalier, now I have a set on my Alero. Awesome grip, and rate better than some summer only tires. W speed rated

Had the Yoko Avid V-4's before and they totaly sucked. Two went bald after 15K miles.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:30 AM   #9
Green Eyed Monster

Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 I had these tires for a while....They grip really well..and are extra stiff..I liked themok they didn't last very long .......
Old 04-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #10
MACBUYA

Kumho ECSTA 711's

I got a set for about $340 from Discount Tire.
Very good traction and braking in wet and dry condiditons. :thumbsup:
I haven't driven with them in the snow yet,
but they are a summer tire so i'm probably not
going to.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #11
bdyman

i have nitto`s nt555 extreme 225/40/18
great tire,a bit noisy but i deal with it
in the rain great handling,and plus they take a beating i love em
Old 04-15-2004, 11:33 PM   #12
dadirtybulldog

i have Kumho "Ecstas"-- P225 50 R16's... i paid $106 "mounted and balanced" for these tires... overall i've been extremely pleased with these tires... they have awesome grip in both wet and dry conditions...the only hold back i've experienced is that these are a cheaper tire and i haven't gotten the life out of them that i would like... other than that they're great... i rate them a seven on a scale of one to ten with ten being the best... sorry but this is the only tire pic i have right, but as far as the tread goes.. i would describe them as having a "aquatread" type tread..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Old 04-15-2004, 11:35 PM   #13
dadirtybulldog

/\/\/\ $106 each that is.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:18 PM   #14
trickalero

bf goodwrich t/a.....summer and bridgestone blizzak for winter.blizzaks are awsome for such a wide tire and the t/a's are not bad for the price you pay for them.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 AM   #15
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
Hercules G5000Z tires...awesome look, great performace, and pretty reasonable price, 190$CDN each(these are Z rated tires)

had 'em for about a month now, extremely good traction in water, but like any other low profile tire, as soon as a small layer of snow fell...wasn't any good...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:46 PM   #16
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased the Fuzion ZRi (225/45/17) about a month ago.
I tested my stock tires (which were only a month old, about 4,000 miles) on the super fast and curvy Mulholland Dr. in Los Angeles before putting the Fuzion's on. It was scary how much better the Fuzion tire worked over stock! Also, with a treadwear rating of 320 they should last me a while. It does not rain much in LA so I have no wet weather driving on them.
They are a noisier than stock, but I can live with that.
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:56 AM   #17
mfuller

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Driving Style: Fast and Aggressive - Driving Condition: Combined Highway/City
Reviewer's Overall Rating: 8.57 out of 10
Size: 225/45R17 91Y
Comments: Yep, Matt's got another new pair of shoes. I think I need to re-adjust my driving, because I can't afford a new set of summer tires every year! Anyway, even though I only have about 5000 miles on these Goodyears, I like them. Excellent dry and wet traction, and very quiet. They lack a bit of sidewall stiffness as compared to my previous Potenza S-03s, but the Goodyears make up for it in a smoother ride and reduced weight (I found each Goodyear to weigh about 1.5 pounds less than a same-sized S-03). Expensive at about $160 per tire, but they are a few dollars less than S-03s, and have a higher treadwear rating to boot.....we'll see how that one plays out. So far, so good.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:41 PM   #18
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
Ive herd good things about the new bridgestone Fuzions. Anyone else here have a set aside from Sundayalero?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:35 PM   #19
1WhiteOSV

I have the Toyo Proxes FZ4's. They are very nice for the first few months but they wear pretty fast...I am going to get new tires next summer and I've only had these for one year..so they do wear quite fast BUT I did have my car out of alignment for about a month which KILLED my tread. They are awesome for cornering, I just wished I would have gotten the 235's not the 215's.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:06 AM   #20
|Rev|

I have 225/45/17 Continental Conti-Extreme's
Overall traction, really good for the amount of power I have, great tires for the buy.
Good for Colorado because their all season rating is great, good traction in rain too, ill come to find out how they do in the winter soon enough.

Just a suggestion, I'm not tryin to give my work props, but I truly think you guys will be better off getting tires through discount tire company, or tires.com. If you go to the store, it's better, most of them have good service, and the cheapest rates. With any set of 4 tires, u get Valves and Ballance, Lifetime Rotation and Rebalancing, and flat repairs, and warrantys on all the tires we sell, we can special order almost every tire u can think of, from 22" yokahamas to BFG drag radials. I seriously think it is a better deal than going off the net, if you find a better deal, talk to a sales person, they can elaborate and cut deals with you.

Anyways, yeah, I like my tires a lot. Anyone try the Yokahama ES100's? They got good ratings, but never heard from anyone how well they perform.