Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 03-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
turbo exhaust manifold for 3.4 v6

I am looking for a Turbo exhaust manifold for the 3.4, Some tips on how to turbo the 3.4 would be good as well. I work on my own Alero myself. I only leave the shop to do the alignments and other work that can't be done by yourself in your garage.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
first off do you have or plan on getting hp tuners and second do you know how to use it
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #3
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
and third....use the search button
Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #4
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
www.milzymotorsports.com can sell you a whole turbo kit or just the manifolds which would cost around $1200ish for a completed uncoated set if you'd like. You'll also need to relocate your car battery to the trunk and tap your oil pan for oil feed lines. A tapped oil pan and battery relocation kit can also be bought from Milzy. You have a lot of research ahead of you and this isn't just something most people just complete within a year. It'll take a long time before everything works the way it should because of how much custom work it takes to turbocharge an N/A 3400. If you actually go through with this, be prepared to spend more than you've budgeted for yourself.

Also what experience do you have working with engines and forced induction? I can tell you right now that it's a stupid idea just to slap a turbo on a 3400 without thinking about any supporting mods.

If you're thinking about making serious horsepower there's a quite a few things that you're going to want to upgrade to get the most out of a turbo build and to make it more reliable such as an intercooler, wastegate, blow-off valve, full exhaust system, tuning software, stronger bottom end, stronger valve train components, ported heads/intakes, a reliable transmission, larger injectors, a bigger fuel pump, an LS1 MAF, 65mm or bigger throttle body, 2 or 3 bar MAP(optional), etc. A reliable turbo build will easily cost you well over $5000.

If you want to go the cheap way and limit yourself to 6-8 PSI of boost then you can do that as well which would require less upgrades, but is a waste of time and won't be much for reliability IMO. Just for a turbo assuming you're buying it new you can be spending somewhere between $500 - $2000. No offense, but when most people talk about turbocharging their cars on this forum it either leads to nothing happening or the project never getting completed.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 AM   #5
Babyblue
GL Member

I'm going with the option, leads to nothing happening. I was getting told it was going to be easy. What I have read up online tonight and what your telling me now. I'm going to stay away from doing it myself or maybe at all. I appreciate the posts. I would like to do something to my exhaust, Headers to muffler.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
I'm going with the option, leads to nothing happening. I was getting told it was going to be easy. What I have read up online tonight and what your telling me now. I'm going to stay away from doing it myself or maybe at all. I appreciate the posts. I would like to do something to my exhaust, Headers to muffler.

first get an intake....then exhaust....those are the cheaper bolt on power adders....then go with some headers. Headers DEF make a nice difference but having the supporting mods makes them ever better. Then once you have those three things....a nice tune will help A LOT.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
Babyblue
GL Member

Okay, When you are talking about "cheaper bolt on power adders" what do you mean by that?
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #8
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Hes talking intake and exhaust as the cheapest bolt on power adders. I would do those then headers, then ported intake manifolds. You would haul ass and still get great fuel economy

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 03-02-2013 at 04:54 AM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I have headers, no cat, full exhaust with the f40 6 speed, I can get around 31 mpg if I keep my foot out of it, but that's just hard.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
Babyblue
GL Member

I have the intake done. All the rest is stock. I just ordered my new tires Toyo Proxes 4 all season. The exhaust front to back is whats next. I just need help on what to get. Are ported exhaust manifolds worth getting? and is pacesetter a good exhaust system to look at?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
I have the intake done. All the rest is stock. I just ordered my new tires Toyo Proxes 4 all season. The exhaust front to back is whats next. I just need help on what to get. Are ported exhaust manifolds worth getting? and is pacesetter a good exhaust system to look at?

Pacesetter will get ya by....i had it first....sounds good....it's loud....and easy to put on. Just know that if you drive your car year round and in the winters they put a lot of salt down that the pacesetter will rust out within 3-4 years....but it is a good exhaust...sleepy is in love with his. I like the borla better (of course its more) because it's a little quieter and it's stainless. Ported mani's are worth it....but to maximize the power you'll def need a tune after installing them.

I also don't have a cat....it's nice but if you wanna do that and not throw a code you'll need an o2 simulator. They're cheap and easy to install and fix the light problem.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #12
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
I have headers, no cat, full exhaust with the f40 6 speed, I can get around 31 mpg if I keep my foot out of it, but that's just hard.

Sleepy, how do you like that exhaust with no cat? I've got the same setup with a high flow cat. I just wish it was a little louder.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
with headers its pretty loud inside the car, id have to say with no cat it is a little louder, but i hear nothing but exhaust when i drive (i like it) in neutral the car is a little raspy at high rpm, but in gear it sounds pretty good and throaty. i have videos posted. search sleepys exhaust you should find a thread with 2 vids
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Eh, I'll probably keep my cat then..I don't want any more interior drone, or rasp. I have headers also.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
Babyblue
GL Member

Where would I be able to get my car tuned? Is anyone capable of doing it by there self?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

i like the way mine is. like i said in gear it sounds great. just dont rev it in neutral.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Where would I be able to get my car tuned? Is anyone capable of doing it by there self?

you can buy HPTuners, have someone around your area maybe tune it, or go to milzy motorsports in ohio and get it tuned or buy a tuned pcm from milzy or wot-tech.com
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:

Ben from WOT-TECH has been very helpful and patient with me, I'd recommend him to anyone.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #19
Babyblue
GL Member

Say I buy a tuned pcm from milzy or wot-tech. Is it a reliable source? and has anyone got a tuned pcm form there?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Say I buy a tuned pcm from milzy or wot-tech. Is it a reliable source? and has anyone got a tuned pcm form there?

Yes...they're the only two places who make parts for our cars. We wouldn't recommend a place we haven't tried. A LOT of people on here have gone through both of them.