Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #21
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Dont worry about taping off the windows, it will peel right off.
Only thing that its hard to get off is the tires imo
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #22
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
I would never so this to a beater. That's a waste of time and material. What you do to a beater is go get some cheap primer and bomb it with that like an idiot. The better the paint and body, the better the matte finish.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #23
wombatslayer
GX Member

wombatslayer is on a distinguished road
apart from my quarter panels rusting,(getting fixed right before) and a small mark on my rear bumper, it's pretty much flawless.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #24
zman246
GX Member

zman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think this is a good idea, especially if your alero is near mint. I also think you'll spend a lot more than 40-50 bucks on this stuff. just my 2 cents.
zman246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #25
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
no bdyman in here yet??
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #26
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman246 View Post
I don't think this is a good idea, especially if your alero is near mint. I also think you'll spend a lot more than 40-50 bucks on this stuff. just my 2 cents.

not saying whether or not he should do it however, it has a mismatched hood and needs the rear quarters rebuilt due to rust so I wouldn't consider it to be near mint
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
yeah its also gonna look sick.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #28
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I would do it but my wife would just shake her head and ask me why....
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #29
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
I would do it but my wife would just shake her head and ask me why....

would you saying "because I can" be an incorrect answer to that question
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #30
zman246
GX Member

zman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
not saying whether or not he should do it however, it has a mismatched hood and needs the rear quarters rebuilt due to rust so I wouldn't consider it to be near mint

Well I said mint because he said he was getting the quarter panels fixed but (no offense to the original poster) if he can't afford paint then he definitely can't afford to fix the quarters.

I just can't see this stuff staying on the car for as long as you want it to. Every month I have to repaint something that some jackass didn't take the time to prep properly. The paint starts peeling off in spots and it looks awful. And thats paint. Its meant to stick to cars. This plastidip stuff isn't even intended for cars, much less the leading edge of a car going 70 mph hitting bugs. I hope this works out for you man but personally I'd worry about it.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #31
03glgold
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman246 View Post
Well I said mint because he said he was getting the quarter panels fixed but (no offense to the original poster) if he can't afford paint then he definitely can't afford to fix the quarters.

I just can't see this stuff staying on the car for as long as you want it to. Every month I have to repaint something that some jackass didn't take the time to prep properly. The paint starts peeling off in spots and it looks awful. And thats paint. Its meant to stick to cars. This plastidip stuff isn't even intended for cars, much less the leading edge of a car going 70 mph hitting bugs. I hope this works out for you man but personally I'd worry about it.

it isn't like he is expecting it to be permanent...i don't know if it was in this thread or the other one but it was a temporary thing until he could get the money to paint it properly...unlike paint where you have to sand everything, when you are ready for this to go away you just have to peel it off...there are people doing newer bmws the same way, as referenced in some of the stuff that has been posted it lasts anywhere from 6 months to a year before it needs to be messed with
Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #32
zman246
GX Member

I guess it wouldn't be the worst then, but I still don't think it would stay on the leading edge of the car long enough to be worth your money. Good luck I guess
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
yeah he can remove it at any time with no down sides to it. its basically protecting his paint.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #34
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute

Plastidip....
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #35
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #36
sleepyalero
GLS member

that subie is sex.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #37
wombatslayer
GX Member

wombatslayer is on a distinguished road
when you're close friends with a welder, it tends to change the story a little bit... it's not going to cost me more than $100 to get that repaired. and yeah maybe i got the pricing a little wrong... more like 250, but still beats a price for a full paint job.... could i afford to have my hood repainted, yes. i just think it would look a little different from anyone else's in flat black. it's removable. so it's not like a massive devastation if it doesn't turn out right.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #38
RedRocket420
GX Member

RedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these partsRedRocket420 is infamous around these parts
dipp ur whipp
RedRocket420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #39
redaleroboi
GX Member

redaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these partsredaleroboi is infamous around these parts
i'm thinking of plasti dipping my stock rims but does anyone know if it holds up good against chrome?
redaleroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #40
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaleroboi View Post
i'm thinking of plasti dipping my stock rims but does anyone know if it holds up good against chrome?

search..

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...ghlight=plasti

it'll hold up fine..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: