Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Having some issues today

well, to start things off, i'll begin with something on my car actually working correct today. I was driving down my street and the low tire pressure light comes on. usually, it comes on for no reason but this time, I actually had a flat tire....

so i aired it up and i'm gonna have it checked tomorrow.

also, i noticed that my car seems to be rather slow lately. It seems reluctant to downshift and it feels like I have reduced engine power or something. The rpm's go to where they usually are but I don't feel the power like I usually do.

another problem. its winter and my rear defroster isn't working right. The top part of the window defrosts fast but the bottom is really slow and some of the "bars" don't seem to be heating. I looked closely and don't see any scratches on the "bars".

another problem. When I start my car (especially when cold), it jerks forward. Also, when I turn my car off, soemtimes my key won't come out of the ignition until I wiggle around the shifter. I'm thinking that its not going into "park" well for some reason.

another problem. my cd player doesn't like cd's anymore as of today. for whatever reason, i put them in and it makes a grinding noise and spits them out.

so, if anyone has any ways to repair what i'm saying or what could be causing problems, leave it here

thanks, rich

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
There was a tsb about the radio for my 2000. If it never got fixed that may be your problem. It was something with condensation from the AC in cold weather. The defroster is probly the module. Wiggle the connectors you see going to the module under the passenger C-pillar. If that doesn't help the part is close to $100.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
CBLOHM3400
Trying To Help

CBLOHM3400 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CBLOHM3400
on the shift there should be some sort of adjustment it is either under the hood where the cable hooks to the trans lever or under the console piece where the cable attaches to the shifter or possibly shifter cadle could be bad altogether
hope this helps
Old 02-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the problem with my key not coming out when i changed my broken stock shifter to a crappy aftermarket one. the button is pressed down too much when put in park, thats why the key wont come out, if you have an aftermarket shifter, unscrew it and raise it a bit so its not pressing the button while in park
Old 02-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #5
Stanl3yX
V.I.P. Member

Stanl3yX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Stanl3yX Send a message via Yahoo to Stanl3yX
My car jerks really bad too (2.4L) . When I start it, it runs for about a 30 secs and then it just starts to jerk back and forth (no matter what gear im in) about 6 times then it just stops. can anyone explain this? btw i live in cols, oh and its been snowin for the past two months so i think it has to do with the weather
Stanl3yX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
That shifter thing I noticed was happening to me with the stock shifter, but what i found is that you just can't tap the brake to put it in park fully you have to give it a good press, and I haven't had a problem since. As for the radio I had the same problem and it is alot cheaper to get a new head unit then to fool with the stock one in my opinion. I actually like the stock head unit but when it went crazy then it became to much to bear.