Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 02-23-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
glsGreg

Lately I've been noticing a really bad shake when i'm at a stop light and i give a little more gas than normal. I can't figure out what the problem is. A strut would make noise if it blew and besides that its still got a normal ride to it, i checked my spring and it's not snapped. I don't know how to check the cv joint or control arm but those are the only other things i could think of. My front end has been pulling to the right too but that could just be a balancing problem with my tire. It shouldn't be my tire causing the problem either since it is relatively new. The shake is really violent and I can't tell whether the front end actually pulls off of the ground but its so bad that my trim ring for my stereo falls off when it happens so i'd like to get it fixed asap. Thanks guys.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
sounds like wheel hop to me. my car did this too sometimes with my 18's on. i know this has been discussed before so do a search on "wheel hop" and see what comes up.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:58 AM   #3
glsGreg

i just searched through that and nothing seems to cover what i'm experiencing. it does seem as though it's wheel hop but it always happens. it's not just like a once in a while deal. and i used to have no problem spinning tires before but now it just clunks and jumps up and down. anybody know how to fix it?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
to eliminate or at least get rid of most of it is to getting new springs and motor mount. all aftermarket and stiffer. it will help plant the front tires on the ground.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:27 PM   #5
glsGreg

it didn't happen until after i put on my springtechs. i don't think they caused the problem though as it didn't start until after they had settled for a couple thousand miles. i figured if it was the motor mount i would notice some bad flex when looking into the engine bay for but i didn't see anything.