Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
projectalero

Stuttering

Hey guys, i just installed a cold air intake on my car last friday and now im having a small problem with it. At about 2000 rpm it seems to stutter and then takes off like normal. I just changed the fuel pump and filter about 10k miles ago. Could this problem be fixed by puttin the exhaust system(which is bein shipped at the time). I was thinking that the stutter/stall was caused by the extra incoming air and its not able to get out of the engine as fast as it is coming in. Does anybody else have an idea of what is going on? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:22 AM   #2
aleromod101

Im no engine guy but kinda had a similar problem 02 sensor maybe or a clogged cat> But like I said Im no engine guy. Just throwing ideas.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #3
bigd6983

the engine is in only going to breath in as much as it needs.......the open air filter and piping is just making an easier flow path and room for more air to come in......this increase is not enough to cause the problem you wrote up there........the computer could definately be used to the air flow of your stock box and it needs to be reset.........to do this unhook your battery for 15 minutes and then hook it back up......this returns your computer to default settings.......try that
Old 07-21-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say more like an ignition problem if it is stuttering...correct me if I'm wrong...maybe coils or something, when is the last time it had a full tune up (with plugs, wire's, etc.)?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
check all the couples and make sure none have slipped off the throttle body

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
projectalero

Alero2k4, i did a tune up about 15k miles ago. All i really did was change ignition wires, plugs(AC Delco platinums), and do an oil change. Obviously i have changed the oil since then(a few times).
Sweet, I did go check the couplers and they are all connected and tight. Could it the the MAF? It is about 2 inches further away from the engine than it was and the harness fits a bit snug. I didnt think it was enough to do any damage to the harness but i could be wrong. What do you think?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
could be possible, check all the maf connections, and double check the couplers especially on the bottom of the TB they have a tendency to slip off there.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote