Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-08-2006, 03:46 AM   #1
xspeedrushx

How long till my car looks lower?

I know there is a certain amount of time that it takes for springs to break in and lower he car... but how long untill my car looks any lower? I wish I had a camera to show your some pictures of it. My car is a 2002 gx coupe ecotec 5-speed. I have stock struts and 7 day old eibach "lowering" springs. My car looks stupid. it looks like i have a dead body in the trunk or somthing. The front went maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch lower while the back went at least an inch. And yes, i did order the springs made for the Alero, not grand am. How long does it take for the front to get lower?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:50 AM   #2
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
its not gonna get any lower. eibach's lower the car the least amount out of all the different spring options out there.

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 AM   #3
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
werd, if u woulda have the 3400 it woulda been even. but since you have the eco, it's a bit lighter.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got frop zane springs droped it pretty good for now paid 75 bucks on ebay they were for a malibu
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
So malibu springs will fit on our cars? Reason Im asking is because Ive been looking for some lowering springs and I found some Malibu Dropzone lowering springs, and I'll bid on them if they will fit!

Editted:
Nevermind. I found a review on the dropzone springs. Apparently they will work, but the quality is questionable....

Last edited by _01Alero_ : 08-08-2006 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Found more information
_01Alero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
My understanding is that all springs will settle a bit....correct me if I am wrong. I am somewhat worried though, as I have the Ecotec and was looking at Eibach....
Old 08-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
the eibach are a stiffer spring than the others, and do indeed drop the least. my car was even with them when i didnt have anything in the trunk and i had a 3400. when people say settle, they dont mean 1/2" or anything like that. ive never noticed any settling at all with any of my drops ive done.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #8
adjennin
GX Member

adjennin is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got them installed today with new struts and I love em so far. I have the ecotec.
adjennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
adjennin
GX Member

I actually measured and the gap in fron is .25-.5 inch larger than the back. Strange since Eibach says the front has a drop of 1.4 and the rear is 1.0. Hard to tell without really looking though. I called Eibach tech support and they said the only thing they could think of is if the front bump stop of the strut was not trimmed 10mm before it was installed it would account for the difference. It would also make for a much harsher ride. I am going to check with the dealership tomorrow.

Last edited by adjennin : 08-08-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 AM   #10
xspeedrushx

hmmm....so I bacically just wasted $250 on "lowering" springs.
Eibach is at the top of my sh t list right now. 1.4in is not a lot, but it would have been nice. And it would have been nice to know that 1.4in only applies if you have a 3400. Eibach is one of the only companies that Advance Auto (I'm one of the managers there) buys performance springs through. I should file a complaint.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:55 AM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
wow, that sucks.

Buddy of mine has the drop zone's on his malibu and he hasn't complained about them. Yes, they drop a little more in the back. I believe this pic is with 18's.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #12
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the drop zone on my alero good drop fitted find and looks damn good
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #13
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
I got out bidded on the drop zones I was going to buy on ebay. Damn last second outbid lol. O'well. Im sure I'll find another set on there sometime!
Old 08-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
well my best advice is if you're a manager there, just take them off and return them and buy something else like intrax or sprint
Old 08-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #15
adjennin
GX Member

After considerable driving on my Eibachs I am not sure I like the stiffness of them. The roads around here are too harsh. I will give it a week or 2 and let them settle in. Does anyone have experience with different sets of lowering springs? Do I go back to stock for a smoother ride or will sprint or intrax be smoother than the eibachs?