Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 08-16-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just had somewhat of an accident regarding my moonroof......no, it's not broken, but the glass needs to be replaced. Has anyone bought just the glass, and does anyone know how to replace the glass? Is this something I can just bolt in myself?

thanks guys.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:23 PM   #2
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
you had an accident with your moonroof??
Old 08-16-2004, 09:45 PM   #3
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bnight04@Aug 16 2004, 08:23 PM
you had an accident with your moonroof??
Well, yes, an accident. Here's a brief synopsis of what happened: I'm an Ironworker, I build large Commercial/Industrial buildings. Alot of welding / torching is involved in my job, and I parked a tad too close to the building. issed: While welding on the 3rd floor, a large chunk of slag rolled off the beam, hit the floor below me and exploded into 4 or 5 smaller chunks, 3 of which hit my moonroof, ETCHING a starburst pattern into the glass. ( there are two 1/4" starbursts on my windshield, and 1 on the back window that are hardly noticable also, although after I tint the windows, the rear one will stand out ) Thank God I wax the poop outta my car, there's not 1 blemish other than the glass.

All in all, I need to replace the glass in the moonroof now, and I have no glass coverage on my insurance. so......got any idea what the glass it's-self will run? and if I can bolt a new one in?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

*Bump* Anyone? :unsure:

Old 08-17-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
Final-Reality

Bring it into an auto shop that repairs/replaces such things and ask them man. It shouldnt be too expensive for a simple piece of glass such as for a moon roof, but taking the frame out of the car to replace it might be a PITA, I'd find out how to do that and just bring it in and have them put the glass in for you, then put the frame back in the car.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Hey Final, is there another picture format you could use? I'm only seeing the red Xs.....or is it my computer?

Either way, I'm wondering how hard it would be to take the glass frame outta the track. with the moonroof open, I've seen ( If I remember correctly ) 2 machine screw heads on each side. I've yet to attempt pulling it out, but I wanted to ask on here 1st, as there's a couple of you veterans who've been around the block way more times that I have....