Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 07-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
moving in a different direction and have a few questions

well the turbo build kinda went south when i found out the turbo was no good (luckily my friend refunded me the money so no biggie) so now i'm just going to be building a nice dd and an every once in a while strip car. i already have everything picked out i just had a few questions.
1: im getting weisco pistons from overkillengineeringmotorsporst.com and i can get either just the pistons or piston/rod combo. do i really need to upgrade the rods or are the stock rods fine?
2: what would you guys recommend as the appropriate exhaust piping size? im doing a complete header back system.

thanks in advance guys and gals!
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Last edited by alero_bmxer : 07-04-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: stupidity
alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
JunkProwler
GX Member

JunkProwler is on a distinguished road
If you got your money back then you're no worse off than before you bought it. Doesn't mean you have to abandon the idea. What are you really going to get out of changing the pistons and cam? Not that much by themselves. You would need to invest alot of money in a n/a build and you would still be disappointed in the end probably.
JunkProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
well the turbo build kinda went south when i found out the turbo was no good (luckily my friend refunded me the money so no biggie) so now i'm just going to be building a nice dd and an every once in a while strip car. i already have everything picked out i just had a few questions.
1: im getting weisco pistons from overkillengineeringmotorsporst.com and i can get either just the pistons or piston/rod combo. do i really need to upgrade the rods or are the stock rods fine?
2:im going to do the "secret" cams so do i need to order custom length push rods?
3: and finally what would you guys recommend as the appropriate exhaust piping size? im doing a complete header back system.

thanks in advance guys and gals!

who told you that the 2.4L had push rods?
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post

im a effin idiot sorry
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkProwler View Post
If you got your money back then you're no worse off than before you bought it. Doesn't mean you have to abandon the idea. What are you really going to get out of changing the pistons and cam? Not that much by themselves. You would need to invest alot of money in a n/a build and you would still be disappointed in the end probably.

honestly i think i was a bit over my head with the whole turbo idea. yes i would love to keep it going but i kinda stepped back and added everything up and i just don't see myself having that kinda money by this winter plus money for a winter beater. and no i'm not hoping for gobs of HP its just going to be more of a rebuild/small upgrade if you wanna call it that.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
mbeals
GX Member

mbeals is on a distinguished road
So why not save up and build it next spring instead? And what's wrong with driving a turbo'd car in the winter?

Everything is over your head at one point in time. You gain experience by doing. Push back your time table, not your expectations.
mbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
Weazel
GL Member

Weazel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Weazel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeals View Post
Push back your time table, not your expectations.

Words to live by
Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:57 AM   #8
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post

i think he meant connecting rods
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
alero_bmxer
GL Member

I would rather just get the motor rebuilt this winter and possibly enough to put a turbo on it when i have the money and time next spring

Old 07-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazel View Post
Words to live by

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeals View Post
Push back your time table, not your expectations.

x2
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote