Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #21
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
http://www.headermania.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=H&Category_Cod e=V6HeadersOA

Am I reading these incorrectly or are these all headers for the alero? Or is it just the price that keeps people away from them?

yea those are for the 3400, theyll work, and are all for the alero sum are ceramic coated, sum have a cat, but theyre all for the same car. get a nice set of headers then have any exhaust shop build you a catback setup, mine was 130 for 2.5" any muffler shop can do it
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
s and s is out of business, but i suppose you could try......
Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #23
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Seems like that link I had was functional so I am hoping. Pricey, but would it be best (and cheapest) to buy the exhaust and the headers to together and have them installed together? It thwarts the idea of doing it bit by bit but I would think the garage installing it would appreciate it as well.

And with these add-ons is it going to sound like I am blowing the neighborhood up when I drive by? I am looking for a nice low rumble. Something that gives you a warm tickley feeling in your tum tum haha.

Lastly, if I purchase the header with the flex and the cat, do I still need a full cat back exhaust? Just don't want to end up buying two cats on accident. And what is the flex exactly? Looks like just a flexible portion of metal to link with the exhaust I would imagine.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 03-04-2010 at 10:46 AM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #24
alerogls001
GL Member

alerogls001 is on a distinguished road
You wont buy two cats by accident. My Pacesetter did not come with the cat. I actually had a generic high flow cat installed at the muffler shop- they have them on hand. The catback exhaust is completely separate from the headers and cat so yes you do need those still.
FYI from listening to people on here, I regret buying the Pacesetter and not having the shop do a custom. Might wanna have them do it instead of buying the exhaust. It was hella expensive and I waited damn near two months. (MPR)

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
alerogls001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #25
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
I'll check into the prices. Seen some videos on youtube of the pacesetter and it had some good sound to it, but many people have suggested the same thing you have. If you go custom, it won't be like they just stick some crude pipe on there will it? Will they be able to give me the sound that I request? Maybe you could tell me a little more about the custom aspect of it please? Because the one thing I like about buying a pacesetter is that I can at least see what I am going to get.

I'm definitely taking the suggestion seriously. It's why I ask seemingly silly questions but I'm afraid a chop shop would rape me for my ignorance.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #26
alerogls001
GL Member

You can definitely tell pacesetter is a custom exhaust when you hear it. Sounds nice. BUT when you think about saving money and having the same affect...
Here's what I would do. Buy your headers. Find a place online which will be cheaper and get the flowmaster series 40 mufflers, and tips if you want those. I keep hearing how nice the 40 series is and I will eventually replace mine...
When the shop installs that with your 2.5 inch exhaust have them replace the cat w their own high flow cat.

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #27
alerogls001
GL Member

Oh I was wondering if u have Triple A Muffler up there? That's who I use here for my stuff. Good quality. They put my struts an springs on too.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Not sure if they have Triple A Muffler. I am down in El Paso, TX now and not Ohio. So it comes down to money basically-not any difference in performance between a 2.5 inch custom and a pacesetter? Lots of difference in opinion of sound quality is seems though.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #29
alerogls001
GL Member

Well at least you're in the same state so may be worth looking them up to see if there's one near you. As far as performance there shouldn't be a difference. Wish I had taken your route as far as the headers- I still don't have any.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #30
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

With the previous headers link I posted, do they sell a high flow cat with the headers? How do I tell? I am planning to try to make a purchase tonight so the sooner the better por favor.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #31
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Unable to authorize payment: The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

-This is the message I received when I tried to buy headers from the link I had above...probably because S&S is out of business I suppose? For shame...I was ready to pull the trigger on a $900 upgrade...anyone have other suggestions on where to find new headers and a high flow cat?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
alerogls001
GL Member

Try calling them for the order.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #33
lvemy3100
GX Member

lvemy3100 is an unknown quantity at this point
try http://www.andysautosport.com/pontia...s/s_s_headers/

they may have some in stock still if they bought some prior to the closing of S&S. Be sure to call them first to make sure they have them.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #34
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
just have a little patience and wot-tech will produce some nice headers, i am sure of that.....
Old 03-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #35
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

andy's might be my favorite new store. I called but they are closed today so I just placed the order. If there is an issue they can always call and tell me or whatnot.

Heheh...I'm horrible at being patient.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 03-07-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #36
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Noooo....andys doesn't have it in stock...I just went ahead and bought the pacesetter cat-back exhaust and work w the little bit that I available. Hurry wot-tech! Haha. Really is a bummer though. Anyone have any suggestion for where to go from here?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #37
kwhauck
2Screwy

return pacesetter exhaust cuz it sucks ballsack.....
Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #38
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Haha you are really adamant about this...if it is that bad I will. Or I will sell it for next to nothing to the next unsuspecting person for next to nothing lol. Would headers have made it sound any different? I would imagine so but I wonder...
Old 03-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #39
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

It came! It came! I got it yesterday afternoon and I am having it put in today for a quoted $125-$175 dollars! Excited! I'll try to get a video up, though I know it is a minor thing. Just finally happy to be moving a step forward.

Edit: the pacesetter exhaust came, headers unavailable still... : (

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 03-12-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #40
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats and andys does have great customer service but there kits ehh pretty thin.