Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Question Passlock - Alarm Bypass Module

I ordered a universal alarm bypass module to permanently bypass the passlock... But now that I'm reading the literature, what I don't understand is am I required to have a remote start to use this thing? Because all I wanted to do was bypass the passlock....
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
you wouldnt really have a use for the passlock bypass unless you have a remote start or a faulty igy cylinder

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
CactusWill
GLS member

Hmmm... So I can't bypass the passlock with it?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
my uncle just cut the security wire to the ignition and ran it threw a toggle switch incase i ever needed to activate it, granted my remotes to unlock the car stopped working, but they stopped working long before, its a lil price to pay for having ur car start reliably
Old 04-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

you can bypass passlock with it, hell you can even do what most of us do and just bypass it with a relay, but there really isnt a point unless you have a faulty igy cylinder and you car security light comes on often, or you are putting in a remote start and need to fool the computer to think that the key is in the cylinder when you remote start it.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
CactusWill
GLS member

ALL I want to do is bypass the passlock, permanently, period, nothing else. Am I able to do that with this device or not?
Old 04-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
CactusWill
GLS member

Come on guys, I really need to get this fixed. I need it explained in lamens terms, do I have what I need to bypass the passlock or not. I don't know anything about the alarms, relays or switches. I just need to know if I can bypass the passlock with this or not.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
wearetheromans85
GX Member

wearetheromans85 is on a distinguished road
You don't need a kit, or remote starter or anything else like that. Just a soldering gun, solder and some wire snips. Here's the real way how to bypass that system. This is how I did it. Find your bcm. It's under your glove box. You're gonna need to slide the bcm out. there's 3 different connectors connected to the box. You want the middle one. There's a yellow and black wire next to each other (or across don't remember). Don't remember which pins they are either sorry. Nonetheless, you cut the yellow wire and splice it into the black and you're done. I think you have to do the ignition relearn thing afterwards but that's it. I know someone else on here can give a more detailed explanation but that's how you do it. My car has had 0 problems w/ that system since.
wearetheromans85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusWill View Post
ALL I want to do is bypass the passlock, permanently, period, nothing else. Am I able to do that with this device or not?
post a model number of the unit you bought or a pic of the wiring diagram....it may require a ground out wire from a remote starter....hence the need for the wiring diagram or model number of the bypass module.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #10
CactusWill
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
post a model number of the unit you bought or a pic of the wiring diagram....it may require a ground out wire from a remote starter....hence the need for the wiring diagram or model number of the bypass module.

This is the one I bought, I found it linked from this site in a passlock bypass thread: http://www.autobarn.net/unalbypmodki...te=google_base

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearetheromans85 View Post
You don't need a kit, or remote starter or anything else like that. Just a soldering gun, solder and some wire snips. Here's the real way how to bypass that system. This is how I did it. Find your bcm. It's under your glove box. You're gonna need to slide the bcm out. there's 3 different connectors connected to the box. You want the middle one. There's a yellow and black wire next to each other (or across don't remember). Don't remember which pins they are either sorry. Nonetheless, you cut the yellow wire and splice it into the black and you're done. I think you have to do the ignition relearn thing afterwards but that's it. I know someone else on here can give a more detailed explanation but that's how you do it. My car has had 0 problems w/ that system since.

Ok, I was under the impression that you had to go welding resistors together and all that stuff, which I didn't want to do, thats the only reason I bought the bypass module
Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #11
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Hard to say, but I'm pretty sure there is a GWOR (Ground out when running) wire, that tells the the module when the car is started...your going to have to read the wiring instructions closely.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
CactusWill
GLS member

bump for more input
Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #13
CactusWill
GLS member

bump bump
Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #14
leoalero
GX Member

leoalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to leoalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhoyle View Post
my uncle just cut the security wire to the ignition and ran it threw a toggle switch incase i ever needed to activate it, granted my remotes to unlock the car stopped working, but they stopped working long before, its a lil price to pay for having ur car start reliably

its the best homemade solution,but with a key switch!!
leoalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

did you install the bypass module yet?

Old 04-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
todd4198
GX Member

todd4198 is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking about bypassing by passlock also, but could this have worked too? Or just just a module like cactuswill. Also, will the security light stay off after doing this because I haven't really heard a definite answer...
todd4198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
yea mine costed like 4$ and that was for the toggle switch i never really used my remotes anyways, i guess if i wanted to use em id get an aftermarket set cuz the ones the GM dealer gave me stopped working after awhile >.> and thats when the secuirty shit happend. Oh i forgot ull need black electrical tape to put over the security light because it will always be on now, because its disconected, but the car will start
Old 04-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

There is something you need to know about using a toggle switch to bypass the passlock..cause I use one to. When you install the toggle switch what you want to do to bypass the passlock is make sure the car is running then flip the switch..the light will be on...then wait about 10 seconds and you can now turn off the car...what this does is put the passlock system into failed but disabled, and will still allow you to start the car...of course as mentioned above the security light will be on. To reenable the passlock just flip the toggle switch again. Understand that when you disable the passlock using a toggle switch it is possible for any theft to hot wire your car...unlike with the bypass module which does the samething but keeps the passlock II active.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #19
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

lol or you can just wire everything up with relays like me and richie, theives would shit themselves before they'd be able to get in and figure out how to get out of the car with train horns going off lol

Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #20
undersc0re
GX Member

undersc0re is on a distinguished road
Is this the BCM you speak of with the yellow wire in it that I have to cut and if so, would you happen to know which one exactly? It looks to be the one way over to the right, but I don't want to cut the wrong one! Is it a little smaller or does it have a black line on it or anything? One guy said its in the middle connector, I see a yellow with black line on that one...I might have to look a little closer. Thx.

Attachment 7346
undersc0re is offline   Reply With Quote