Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
god damn, a blind man could do better than that lols
Old 02-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #102
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
Wow I feel bad for you guys. Hopefully they will make things right for you.
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #103
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
wow. this is really not even excusable. this looks like a job that was rushed/halfassed. sad. very sad.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #104
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
wow. this is really not even excusable. this looks like a job that was rushed/halfassed. sad. very sad.
What is sad is they had Jose's car for 7 months. He has reported to me that he has some issues with his kit.

The front bumper and spoiler have minor issues. The rear bumper is bad and the side skirts are the worst. I spoke with Scot in great length and detail about all the issues.

The rear spoiler just needs some minor grinding and sanding to make it fit properly. On the front bumper the only problem there seems to be is that on the bottom area it does not extend out towards the plastic that the bumper clips into.

The rear bumper needs some grinding around the tail light area and the area that attaches to the car around the bumper is severely warped and extremely thin and brittle. I can I mine sound as if it wants to crack when I push down on it. If it cracks it will create a lot more work and $$.

First off, Scot was shipped 2 passenger side skirts. The side skirt is rediculously short and Scot can't get it to fit on his 2 door which is the same as the donor car. As his pictures show the bodykits skirt fits inside of a stock 2 door skirt off of Scots car and also a 4 door skirt from Crazy Taxi's car. How the hell this happened, I don't know. This plus the fact that they put a groove for a 2 door in it just adds to the problems because our cars don't come with that and the people that have 4 doors are gonna have a lot morte work involved.

We will be talking with Bodykits on Monday to resolve these isues.

Any member of the group buy that has received duplicate skirts of the same side can go ahead and email Aldo your info.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #105
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
i cant believe these flaws are from the same guys who did big name sema cars....i guess since we were a small group they didnt deem it neccasary to give our project that attention to detail....thats a shame
Old 03-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #106
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
this totally sucks. hope you can solve all the issues. lotta shady people in the auto world

sigs are annoying
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #107
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksobsession View Post
this totally sucks. hope you can solve all the issues. lotta shady people in the auto world

I don't think bodykits are shady, I think they ran out of time and had to bust ass to get it done because they effed around for so long.

Oldnut, looking forward for the update on this Monday after you talk to them. I know you busted your ass to get this done. I hope bodykits does the right thing and fixes their screw up and makes it right.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #108
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Aldo is on the board here, i think he owes some answers, Explanations, or something in the public eye.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #109
99-alero
GL Member

99-alero is on a distinguished road
damn hopefully the second batch doesnt SUCK!
99-alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #110
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I was wondering why the donor car looked like it fit good, but apparently not. Seems fair to me that Bodykits.org pay for shippment of the parts of the kit that don't work back to there shop, and fix the problems, and pay for shipment back to the clients.

This will be interesting to see how this pans out!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #111
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
holly crap of all fitment....

thats rediculos, and i retrack my previous statment ofevery kit needs work. is it just me or in oldsman pics of the front bumper from the side view, it looks like the bumper doest come to a point to fit the fender right..........

what a hackery of epic proportions......I was definitly going to get this kit, but after all this, ill pass and finish what im doig with the kombat kit.

Im sure with oldsnut's tenacity and atention to detail and grumpyness itll get fixed.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #112
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
holly crap of all fitment....

thats rediculos, and i retrack my previous statment ofevery kit needs work. is it just me or in oldsman pics of the front bumper from the side view, it looks like the bumper doest come to a point to fit the fender right..........

According to Scot the front fits pretty good. In his pictures it is just hanging in place so it might appear off a little. The only real issue with the front is the bottom are which show that they did not extend it towards the engine far enough.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #113
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Wow, good lord I cant see how i didn't see Scots pics. That's just absolutely horrible fitment. The rear bumper is even worse than I originally thought. Bodykits.org needs to do the right thing and make the kit right. Where is Aldo to answer these questions? If he can come on here to post about their "amod member sale" he can come on here to answer the issues to.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #114
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
my car looked good, but there are a lot of issues with mine as well. specially with the rear bumper and side skirts. im taking my car to a bodyshop on monday and see how much it'll cost to fix all the mistakes. and then im gonna send all that info to aldo and see if they'll replace the parts of pay for the rapairs at the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I was wondering why the donor car looked like it fit good, but apparently not. Seems fair to me that Bodykits.org pay for shippment of the parts of the kit that don't work back to there shop, and fix the problems, and pay for shipment back to the clients.

This will be interesting to see how this pans out!!
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #115
mfuller

I really feel bad for everyone who signed on for the OSV kit. My hopes were high since you guys (Scot and Andy.....I may be forgetting someone) researched the crap out of it with measurements/dimensions and detailed pictures of everything. Everyone knows how snazzy it looked on the OSV concept cars.
I understand that nothing will be perfect, and there would have been some prep work required - nothing is ever just a bolt-it-on-and-go situation, and I'm sure Gregg will agree after the substantial amount he spent in getting his body kit from that other company to fit right.
But from what I see in the pictures, some errors are simply inexcusable. I really hope everything works out.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #116
mach3
V.I.P. Member

mach3 is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you guys are having. Now I'm having second thoughts of getting this kit especially how much it's going to cost to buy it now.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay $1600 for it and still have to do a lot of work to make it fit.
mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #117
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
mine's for sale for $1030
Old 03-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #118
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
My hopes were high since you guys (Scot and Andy.....I may be forgetting someone) researched the crap out of it
Mark did too
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #119
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
Mark did too
Marc and Scot took the pictures several year ago. I along with Scot have been working on the production of the OSV kit. Jose Rivas was the donor car and went way beyond the call of duty in lending his car. That is who is involved.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #120
sburke
GL Member

sburke is an unknown quantity at this point
For the guys with the sideskirt problems.........

I had the same issues with the A#E#D Kit. In case you haven't tried this, put the rear of the sideskirt onto the car with your other end (front) of the sideskirt hanging off. (IMPORTANT: It will not fit over your stock sideskirt)

Hold it in place w/some good tape. (I use the green automotive painters tape from 3M, it works well and leaves no sticky residue when removed)

Move to the front end and gently pull the sideskirt around the metal lip while pushing up on the bottom.

If it still isn't fitting, remove it all, do some light sanding on the INSIDE of the sideskirt and attempt to reinstall.

Repeat until it fits.

(I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, just throwing this out there in case you aren't thinking about it.)
06 Mazdaspeed 6 - Current Vehicle
sburke is offline   Reply With Quote