Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #121
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
^The only issue with that is, I believe the sideskirts are almost an inch too short to even attempt that. But I see what you are talking about. Sounds like the good way to install them.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #122
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburke View Post
For the guys with the sideskirt problems.........

I had the same issues with the A#E#D Kit. In case you haven't tried this, put the rear of the sideskirt onto the car with your other end (front) of the sideskirt hanging off. (IMPORTANT: It will not fit over your stock sideskirt)

Hold it in place w/some good tape. (I use the green automotive painters tape from 3M, it works well and leaves no sticky residue when removed)

Move to the front end and gently pull the sideskirt around the metal lip while pushing up on the bottom.

If it still isn't fitting, remove it all, do some light sanding on the INSIDE of the sideskirt and attempt to reinstall.

Repeat until it fits.

(I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, just throwing this out there in case you aren't thinking about it.)

There is no way you can sand them down and have any material left to hold the skirt on.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #123
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
For the guys with the sideskirt problems.........

I had the same issues with the A#E#D Kit. In case you haven't tried this, put the rear of the sideskirt onto the car with your other end (front) of the sideskirt hanging off. (IMPORTANT: It will not fit over your stock sideskirt)

Hold it in place w/some good tape. (I use the green automotive painters tape from 3M, it works well and leaves no sticky residue when removed)

Move to the front end and gently pull the sideskirt around the metal lip while pushing up on the bottom.

If it still isn't fitting, remove it all, do some light sanding on the INSIDE of the sideskirt and attempt to reinstall.

Repeat until it fits.

(I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, just throwing this out there in case you aren't thinking about it.)

dude its short by like an inch or more....thats not going to work
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #124
sburke
GL Member

sburke is an unknown quantity at this point
I know they appear short.....but has anyone even tried it without sanding.

Mine measured out to be about a half inch short, but I was able to get them on. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but I am sure that some people on here have one that didn't cure up quite so tight.
06 Mazdaspeed 6 - Current Vehicle
sburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #125
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Mine measured out to be about a half inch short, but I was able to get them on. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but I am sure that some people on here have one that didn't cure up quite so tight.

They not only appear short but are short. Scot put them up to the care and could not get them on the car, they would not fit. These parts were to be plug and play for the most part, these are not.

Either way they were not produced as we asked. We said that they needed thes to fit a 2 & 4 door Alero as they are the same. They made the skirt for a 2 door only and we don't know why. We asked them to make the skirt to look like the OSV which it does not. The clearest pictures of the groove they put in the skirt is covered by masking tape and not visible in the pictures they sent to us. Their overall picture quality sucked after about a month.

Last edited by Oldsnut : 03-02-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #126
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
sounds like you all just need to send them back and get your money back.... They obviously did not take this buy seriously and don't deserve the money.... This was one major reason why I definitely did not take the chance at getting it..... Money was somewhat of an issue, but I had plenty of time to save up and could have had enough to get it... I'm a picky buyer though and like to see the finished product before committing.... I'm glad I was not in the buy. I feel bad for you guys though... all that money and not the product you asked for.... they better fix it...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #127
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:

dood, i tried to see if sanding it would make it work but by the time you get it sanded enough it would be paper thin and end up just breaking when you would force it on.

Like Andy said they were suppose to fit 2 or 4 dr but was not. They do look like the OSV but the notch was put in for some reason. It could be ground down the rest of the way of the skirt because the notch is not on the inside of the skirt.

THE biggest issue is they are short. But I wonder if others will have this same issue. Some else needs to see how short they are on their car.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #128
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
I will try to check fitment on mine in the next couple of days. We are getting some pretty heavy snow here today, though. By weeks end it should be warmer and the snow should be gone. I can try midweek to go check things out again. The kit and car are at my old house, and I don't get there every day. I do have the skirts with me and can take measurement pics for reference though. I'll jump on that later today or this evening.

And for the record, despite issues with Bodykits and the finished product, I think it should be said that we still appreciate everything that Marc, Scott, Andy & Jose have done for this group buy.
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #129
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
my kit will come in today but unfortunately my car is in colorado......
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #130
Oldsnut

Anyone who has receive side skirts that are both for the same side must email Bodykits with a picture and info. So far 3 of have received duplicate sides.

aldo@bodykits.org

Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #131
tnalero99
GX Member

tnalero99 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't tell if they are the same sides or different. They seem like they could go on either way.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #132
surreal_awakening
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnalero99 View Post
I can't tell if they are the same sides or different. They seem like they could go on either way.

You should see a notch along the top edge near one of the ends where they notched for the door for 2-door models. Find the notch on both of them and see if they are on the same ends or opposite ends.

I emailed Aldo this morning with my pics of my same-side skirts.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #133
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
well i got the front bumper mounted last night and it fits pretty darn good. It will need a little sanding and smoothing but all and all front bumper 2 thumbs up.

Also wife asked what I was doing with front plate and i said mount it on the bumper like stock and she told me NO. put it in the front window and don't crap the bumper up. It's not like I drive it that much. +1 for the old lady.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #134
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
and i said mount it on the bumper like stock

see scot, that is why your wife is cool, cuz if you would have said that around me, i would have felt bad for bitch-slappin an old man!!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #135
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
see scot, that is why your wife is cool, cuz if you would have said that around me, i would have felt bad for bitch-slappin an old man!!

LMAO.............but you i would slap back.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #136
surreal_awakening
GL Member

I was thinking about making a bracket that goes through one of the openings of the bumper and mounts up inside on the support. Maybe make it out of some aluminum stock.

Quote:
Also wife asked what I was doing with front plate and i said mount it on the bumper like stock and she told me NO. put it in the front window and don't crap the bumper up. It's not like I drive it that much. +1 for the old lady.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #137
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
well i got the front bumper mounted last night and it fits pretty darn good. It will need a little sanding and smoothing but all and all front bumper 2 thumbs up.

What about the fold away plate?
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #138
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
What about the fold away plate?

fold away to where
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #139
Oldsnut

I spoke with Scot, Jose, Alerosaint and Aldo today.

Alerosaint is possibly willing to take his car to bodykits and have them use one of the side skirts and try to fit it and see what the issues are with the fit. The choice is his to make.

Jose sent me several pictures that show may little cracks forming on his rear bumper around the tail lights side skirt issues.

And then we have the side skirt that obviously doesn't fit properly from the start. Obviously the installer knew it wouldn't fit and have it hanging on by a thread and does not go all the way up. The obviously rushed his installation and didn't bother grinding down the area near the tail lights like Scot has suggested. They just put it in place and screwed it in. They even installed the skirts with rivets, WTF.

When Jose went to pick up his car it was right in the middle of a torrential downpour and they had the car outside. Kind of hard to inspect a car in the middle of a huge storm. The least they could have done was have the car inside for him to inspect.

Last edited by Oldsnut : 03-02-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #140
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
what in the blistering hell is the problem with these guys? and they build bodykits for JAGUARS?!

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote