Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
sburke
GL Member

sburke is an unknown quantity at this point
Throwing Codes

DTC P0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

Any ideas on what causes this? I know it means that I've got low vacuum, but I am at a loss for what is causing that. I can't find any vacuum leaks. Unless there is a leak somewhere.

The car idles hard which I know I need to replace the IAC, but I'm waiting to do all the engine work at one time, when my supercharger gets here.

Is it just the MAP sensor? If it is I'll just pick one up and replace it when I replace the IAC and install the supercharger. If not, any ideas are appreciated.
06 Mazdaspeed 6 - Current Vehicle
sburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
hahahah well, the supercharger could take another week, im not doing so good in life and
well, problems between family members :/
Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
sburke
GL Member

I think you've got me confused with someone else. I bought Ion's old super.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but I need the manifold that Nate is fabricating first for the other supercharger. :/

That code can be a faulty MAP sensor, or crappy hoses going to the MAP sensor making for a vacuum leak and a faulty signal to the MAP. Supposedly the hose likes to crack.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
This should help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
DTC P0108

Circuit Description

The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. The pressure changes occur based on the engine load. The MAP sensor has the following circuits:

5-volt reference circuit
Low reference circuit
MAP sensor signal circuit
The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies 5 volts to the MAP sensor on the 5-volt reference circuit. The PCM also provides a ground on the low reference circuit. The MAP sensor provides a signal to the PCM on the MAP sensor signal circuit which is relative to the pressure changes in the manifold. The PCM should detect a low signal voltage at a low MAP, such as during an idle or a deceleration. The PCM should detect a high signal voltage at a high MAP, such as the ignition is ON, with the engine OFF, or at a wide open throttle (WOT). The MAP sensor is also used in order to determine the barometric pressure (BARO). This occurs when the ignition switch is turned ON, with the engine OFF. The BARO reading may also be updated whenever the engine is operated at WOT. The PCM monitors the MAP sensor signal for voltage outside of the normal range.

If the PCM detects a MAP sensor signal voltage that is excessively high, diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0108 will set.

Conditions for Running the DTC

DTCs P0122 or P0123 are not set.
The throttle position is less than 12 percent.
The vehicle speed is less than 2 km/h (1 mph).
The engine run time is more than 20 to 40 seconds.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The MAP sensor voltage is more than 3.8 volts for at least 1.25 seconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails.
The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

Diagnostic Aids

This DTC may set when attempting to start a vehicle that is out of fuel.
The PCM uses a single 5-volt reference output to supply power to all of the engine control components. If a component's 5 volt reference circuit is shorted to ground or shorted to voltage, the other 5-volt reference circuits may be affected.
Inspect the MAP sensor vacuum source for leaks, for restrictions, or for poor connections.
This DTC may set as the result of a misfire.
If an intermittent condition exists refer to Intermittent Conditions .

Last edited by Cliff8928 : 03-24-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
sburke
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yeah, but I need the manifold that Nate is fabricating first for the other supercharger. :/

I had no idea about that. He probably thinks I'm either a rooster or a tard now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
That code can be a faulty MAP sensor, or crappy hoses going to the MAP sensor making for a vacuum leak and a faulty signal to the MAP. Supposedly the hose likes to crack.

I'll check the hoses again, maybe I missed something, or I'll just replace them.

Cliff - thanks for all the intel, if the hose replacement fails me, I'll start moving through that list.