Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm more curious than anything cuz this isn't really a problem (I hope). Once the temperature drops below freezing, well probably more than that, lower than -10 (0 farenheit?), I notice that when I first start my car in the morning, all the dash lights/neon are kinda dim and the HVAC fans just kinda groan along at half tilt. Then after about 10 seconds it's like I hit the 'OK, really turn on now' button and the dashboard lights come on all the way and the HVAC fans are blasting away as they should. When I shut off my car I always ensure that the radio/HAVC/neon are off so as to put minimal draw on the battery for optimum juice to the starter, once it's started I start turning on accessories. If my car's block heater has been plugged in this does NOT happen, even in the recent almost -40 tempratures we've been lucky enuf (cursed) to have. So, am I alone on this one? Anything jump out as a 'Your XYZ needs replacing'?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:20 AM   #2
Crolero

i dont belive that anything need replacing other than a warm front. Im guessing its the same effect that you get when you put your mobile phone outside in the cold temp and the crystals kinda freeze up. when you try to go through menus its all slow and blurry. put it in your hand for a few minutes and its back to normal. nothing to worry about. the led's and other electronic part just need to warmup a bit. The led's might have a rating of working from -5C to 40C when its -10 its just harder for them to light up.