Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
so iv been thinking... need input

my cars 100% stock with the exception of a drop in k&n. im considering upgrading the suspension and later on put on matalic brake pads to to finish off the front rotors what iv got in my head is poly control arm bushings (need new bushings anways), poly sway bar endlink bushings, poly subframe bushings (im asuming those are the bushings that goes between the engine crattle and the body. also thinking about upper stut bars front and rear. iv decided against lower/stiffer spings and stuts becuase i just dont feel the cars worth it yet. but with all them bushigns am i going to notice it enough to be worth doing? and what am i going to notice the most?
Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
found a set of strut bars on ebay front and rear but they were for a 03-05 grand am. i was able to find rear bars for a 99 but coulnt find a front one. will 03-05 grand-am bars be the same for a 99 alero?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I would imagine that they will fit, considering both car are about the same, somebody who has dont this will know for sure tho. as far as noticing a diffrence, you might notice a slight diffrence, but I would dobt it, but the same goes, I have all stock suspension so im realy not 100% sure.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
dragon8807
GL Member

dragon8807 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dragon8807
they fit grand ams and alero are all the same, i had ga front and rear strut bars on my ho. i felt a difference in the way my ho handled after i installed them. i have them for sale if you want them. about the bushings i don't think there's anyone that makes poly subframe bushing for aleros, but there are poly control arm bushings and endlink bushings.
05 impreza 2.5rs 5spd - current car
dragon8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

well unless i enterptrited mantaparts wrong, they offer subframe bushings. im well aware of all the bad thigns going on about manta so i dont need this to be a "hate manta" post lol
Old 12-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

i was wrong. after re reading it those sub frame bushings are (im asuming) the bushigns for the away bars that are on the sub frame.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I have GA bars on my Alero.

Don't get the metalic pads. I got them and they dust up my wheels so bad. I regret getting them. Plus the pads I got were defective the one side wore out in 7 months, the other side is new

For brakes, I suggest Summit Racing brand slotted and cross-drilled rotors and "PowerStop Evelotion" cermic pads. Work really well. The box for the pads is black with purple writing, because I know I killed that word.

KYB for struts. Eibach makes a good spring, but others have intrax. It's a lower drop.

For the sway bars, do the front only or do the front and rear. DO NOT ONLY DO THE REAR. Get the tower braces too. Help with body twist and the rear saved my car in the accident 3 years ago. If I didn't have that, the car would have been totalled

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote