Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
havik

NOTE: spy posted this and will keep us updated

Quote:
Yeh, is there any of you out there that would be interested or might be interested?

Our shop made a decision on doing turbo manifolds for cars in house instead of going sourcing elsewhere for the assembly. They're built to order pretty much.

Some little details would be 3/8inch flanges, stainless, tubular style, TIG welded, turbo manifolds priced at around $400-450.

Dont think of it as being cheaply made, just know that we get good prices on materials.

Anybody interested? Regardless I'm getting a test fit for it in the upcoming week, and we will have some pics. I'm trying to gauge interest and demand.

Quote:
i don't know if it would really be worth it SPy, there's already all those turbo manifolds out for the Cavalier which most of them fit our cars. I'll find out soon if the JMack kit will fit or not soon, my cousin is buying it for his car so i'll fit it to my car to find out. However if you can produce a similar quality and kick ass product as Johnny Macks then for 400 would be a hell of a deal. Let us know how it works out.

Quote:
^^^i agree.

nguyen, let me know how the johnny mack header fits. This would be very interesting to know.

Quote:
I'm doing this just because I have access to the manufacture and possibilities. Competition does help create better supply right? And really beyond Johnny Mack who makes truly quality stuff.

Johnny Macks header is quite pricey at about $1100 from what I was quoted a while back.

For the price I believe this will be too good to pass up, saving yourself about $700 sounds like a great idea to me, but good points about the amount of product out there. The ony thing that ever got to me was, wait periods for products and fly by night businesses. As well as the fact as a lot of the 2.4L manifolds out there are log style compared to the pretty much sole and only equal length header style J-Mack offers.

Quote:
good points

Quote:
agree if you can offer somewhat similar quality "headers" for that price, which i personally think is rather hard, $450, then go for it, but remember Mandrel bend SS isn't gonna be cheap! regardless good luck.

once i pull my motor this winter i'll let you know.

Quote:
not a problem I'll keep you updated..