Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:23 PM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by "Platinum Dreams Alero"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Platinum Dreams Alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: I won them on ebay for $119, but if you order them from their website, they are $139. Their website is www.suspensionmax.com
Cost/Shipping: 139 plus shipping (depends on where you live)
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props:Â;-) Springs arrived 1 day prior to expected delivery date.

Initial product impressions, quality: Excellent
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Excellent
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: They were easy to install if you have the right spring compressor.Â;-) Best to use a air compressor.
If not self installed, cost of installation: N/A

Performance, appearance opinions: The site say's that the springs will only lower the car about 1.6 inches, but I have had mine on for about 2 months now, and now that they have settled, it dropped my car about 2 to 3 inches.Â;-) In the back I have absolutely no room between the tire and fenderwall (at the top), and in the front only about 3/4 of an inch.
Any other thoughts about the product: Great product at the right price.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "Ak Racing"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Ak Racing")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Well i got the real alero springs by springtech delivered today, man those fronts are fatt, seriously i mean fat, the backs are just regular like stuff you'd see off a honda or something, Big Blue springs in a big white springtech box. Overall apperance- very clean, i like the blue, no receipts or papers on inside of box though. I'll post more about ride when i get them on next week.[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Ak Racing")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I love the lowering job i got out of the spring tech lowering springs, 1 1/2 in the front with 2 off the back. Its nice, not as leaned back like your all see'n in platinums car. This is just stock stance but 2 inches lower. The handling is incredible, no body roll, you can take corners like a champ now. And the attention isnt bad either. I'm the only modded alero in ak, can you believe it. anyways, i suggest these springs to anyone, just be sure to buy new camber bolts cause the alero doesn't come with them.[/b][/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-"Grouch"
@
<!--QuoteBegin-"Domey"

Store/Site purchased: http://www.suspensionmax.com
Cost/Shipping: Roughly 120, with 25 shipped.
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: The service was not well.Â;-) I didnt recieve the product for over two weeks.Â;-) The reason is because it was on back order or something, but they never informed me of this untill I called and asked what the hell was going on.

Initial product impressions, quality: It looked nice.Â;-) Glad they are blue.Â;-) They did look a little warped though, not exactly strait.Â;-) But I am sure they'll settle.
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None.
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Installation was easy.Â;-) I used my friends garage.
If not self installed, cost of installation: Self.

Performance, appearance opinions: Putting these on really didnt bunny up my allignment at ALL.Â;-) I drove strait down the rode with no hands perfectly fine.Â;-) Only thing I strongly recommend is if you want a smooth ride, you will need to order there struts.Â;-) They are Gas struts, just like KYB.Â;-) But they are alot cheaper, even with shipping.Â;-) I spoke with a guy at Advance and he said it was 50$ each just for front, and they didnt have rear.Â;-) I payed 150.00 and some change for the struts, and 20 and some change for shipping.Â;-) I really suggest getting struts!Â;-) The ride is very rough, rides like a damn truck =D

It does look good.Â;-) Right now it probally only dropped about a inch.Â;-) I am sure they will settle here in a week or so and drop a little more.Â;-) Dont worry about scraping, I dont see how its possible.Â;-) It is not that much of a drop and still have alot of room underneath.
Any other thoughts about the product: Over all, I like this product.Â;-) I wouldnt of minded if it dropped just a little bit more though =D
[/quote]
[/quote]

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #2
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by 2000_olds_alero@Apr 5 2004, 02:05 PM
Store/Site purchased: Suspension Max
Cost/Shipping: $149.95+$14.95 shipping to canada(USD btw)
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: awesome response...had the springs shipped up from california into ontarion in a week and 2 days

Initial product impressions, quality: looked good
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: not bad instructions
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA:n/a
If not self installed, cost of installation: $110CND

Performance, appearance opinions: really good lowering job, looks great
Any other thoughts about the product: i was really happy with the service at suspension max, and as for the springs, most of you probly seen how they lowered my car in the showcase section... :thumbsup: to them

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:09 AM   #3
scotttherock

on the suspensionmax website..which springs are the ones everyone is getting?
the 1st one Sprint Lowering Coil Springs $149.95
or the 2nd one Springtech Springs $121.95
Old 04-12-2004, 09:11 AM   #4
bdyman

you want spring tech`s springs worth the money
Old 04-29-2004, 10:59 PM   #5
flashyalero

i put spring techs on last weekend and i love them the handleing is awesome now the ride is stiffer but not to bad and it looks good i endores them
Old 05-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
02 Blck GLS

How is the ride compared to stock?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #7
deadpedestrian

I am guessing the title should be Spring Tech and not Spint Tech?

On topic though :P If you just install the springs only do you need anything to adjust the camber or anything? or do they still wear on the tire pretty much the same?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:11 PM   #8
Steve03TropicTeal

what tools are needed for slef installation?
Old 05-14-2004, 03:14 AM   #9
scotttherock

ne1 have any idea on how much installation would be?
Old 05-14-2004, 10:41 AM   #10
bigd6983

yea I need some info on this, I am going to go with the st package of springs and struts and was wondering if there was any camber adjustments that I would need, help would be appreciated thanks guys.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:25 AM   #11
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by scotttherock@May 14 2004, 02:14 AM
The best quote I got was $250 at a Firestone shop.
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:32 AM   #12
htodac

Just wondering how low of a drop did you peeps buy???? 1.75?????
Old 05-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #13
dopey

^^^ did u read the stinkin review??? christ it says how much it dropped the car about 20 times in there.

use the dam search button..... instead of posting the same question about each different spring in 79 different threads.

this has been covered tons of time. hell its in the FAQ section i think.....
Old 05-31-2004, 09:44 PM   #14
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
seems that between the two, everyone is getting the Spring Tech springs, well i went with the Sprint springs and i love them, you can see the "drop" in my car domain, i'd say 2+ inches.

oh, and the sprint were actually cheaper because they were shipped free (promo i guess?)
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:08 PM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by scotttherock@May 14 2004, 02:14 AM
My mech did it for $50. If they can install struts, they can do these with no problem, and the camber kit

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:17 AM   #16
BigJon34

Most places I contacted said 50 bucks per wheel.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:24 AM   #17
5spdAlero

i installed mine myslef, and it was really easy. I have cosmo racing coilovers. about 2.2 in the fornt and 3 in the rear. Im getting a set of springs for it tho. If ne one is interested in buying them i am willing to negotiate. E-mail at nmgx1287@aol.com
Old 07-02-2004, 05:57 PM   #18
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Aren't they ( Sprints, Springtechs ) the exact same spring, just different names and boxes?

( On the Suspensionmax website, the Sprints are shipped for free, whereas the Springtechs are roughly the same cost after shipping. Same drop, etc... )

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #19
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
well i would say i love the springs...IF THEY SENT THEM ALL FOR AN ALERO NOT ONE FREAKIN ODDBALL SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats right, they sent me one spring for the front that i have no clue what it goes on, so now i also had to pay 44 bux to next day air it to me, soi i can have my car for the weekend issed: issed: issed: issed:

so now im out another 44 bux, and i have a spring i have no use for!!,

do any of you think they should re-imburse me the 44 bux??
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #20
`2000redalero

Jturkey, maybe...

People, it's Spring Tech or Sprint. They actually use the exact same blueprints for both springs just Another company wanted the Sprint brand name. Suspension Max sells them both.

You're paying extra for the brand name, which won't matter as soon as you throw the box away..

For installing, you can do it yourself actually, really simple! If you don't have a spring compressor or any tools needed, AutoZone will lend you tools to do a job.