Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 03-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #21
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
I think its a perfect spot for a gauge or two. kinda like the old school GTO's

or like what people do with there 5.0 mustangs.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
I have considered that, however, most likely I will just cut out a bunch of material back there to vent the heat out of the engine bay.....
Old 03-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Why isn't there any bracing where the hump begins running to the front of the hood?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I think it will look ok with the OSV kit possibly, but without other body accents it's not to my taste.

Glad YOU like it though.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #25
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
I like it. It kind of reminds me of like the 1996 mustang cobra hoods, but with no vents on the sides of the bubble. It looks better on the alero than a cowl hood, flows with the lines better.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #26
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
meh....
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
I think it will look ok with the OSV kit possibly, but without other body accents it's not to my taste.

Glad YOU like it though.

funny......i think it looks better without the OSV to me...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #28
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
is there enough room for the supercharger under there
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #29
kwhauck
2Screwy

No......which sucks, I only gained between 4-5" but I needed like 6-8" for the charger and intercooler, but there will be room for this....obviously turned the other way though....

Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #30
AZFire316
GL Member

AZFire316 is on a distinguished road
Great fitment, but not my style. Needs function!
AZFire316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #31
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
No......which sucks, I only gained between 4-5" but I needed like 6-8" for the charger and intercooler, but there will be room for this....obviously turned the other way though....

damn that sucks are u going to mod it so that it will fit.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #32
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFire316 View Post
Great fitment, but not my style. Needs function!

It will function when I cut some material out to vent the heat out of the back of the hood....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
damn that sucks are u going to mod it so that it will fit.

Nope, I don't want a blower sticking out of the hood. I will just go back to a front mount charger and utilize the above UIM.......

Last edited by kwhauck : 03-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.
kwhauck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #33
AZFire316
GL Member

AZFire316 is on a distinguished road
Then it will be awesomeness!
AZFire316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #34
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

make another bubble on top of that one but smaller diameter to give you the additional inches and then you won't have a bubble hood instead a boob hood.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #35
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
make another bubble on top of that one but smaller diameter to give you the additional inches and then you won't have a bubble hood instead a boob hood.

Considered that, also considered cutting the hole and covering the blower with a shaker scoop. However, both options will look funky since the blower and the supercharger shaft are way off to the side of the hood and not centered.....
Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #36
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well then it will look like a boob hood with a bad breast enlargement..............LOL
Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 AM   #37
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
just get rid of the transmission and drive the charger off the other end of the engine :P

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #38
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
I dub thee "The Oscar Meyer". Loox like it got real hot under the hood, making it bubble in the middle like a piece of bologna. What's throwing me off is not seeing any extra functionality that you couldn't get by cutting vent holes in the stock hood and you still can't run FI the way you want. I mean, is it lighter because I'm just not seeing the performance benefits which basically makes it more of an appearance mod which is the last thing I'd expect you to spend money on, kwhauck
Your father is mistaken
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #39
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
I dub thee "The Oscar Meyer". Loox like it got real hot under the hood, making it bubble in the middle like a piece of bologna. What's throwing me off is not seeing any extra functionality that you couldn't get by cutting vent holes in the stock hood and you still can't run FI the way you want. I mean, is it lighter because I'm just not seeing the performance benefits which basically makes it more of an appearance mod which is the last thing I'd expect you to spend money on, kwhauck

Well it was a guess that I would have room for the charger....obviously now that the hood is in my posession I know I don't have clearence. I could push forward and spend the 3grand to finish a custom LIM to fit the charger, but at this point it is going to be easier and cheaper to just do a front mount like the E/M kit. However, as I stated before, I will be able to run the equinox UIM, which will be a performance benefit.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #40
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm interested in seeing the hood with the osv. the hood is subtle enough that most people probably wouldn't notice, but with a subtle kit like the OSV it would really look nice. as for performance, he's already stated that he's going to cut some material out of the back for venting. and it does provide room for the alternative uim. so, it's more of a cosmetic upgrade that allows for performance upgrades.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote