Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 02-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Final 500's

Ok, the final 500. There's one for sale 2 miles away from my house for 13K and its a really sharp looking car. I e-mailed the dealership and am going to take it for a test drive just for the fun of it. Anyway, what I want to know is everything about them. I know that it has almost every available option that was for the alero and that it has the final 500 customizations. This specific alero is number 35 of 500. Is 13K a reasonable price for a final 500 with 20,000 miles thats almost in mint condition?

www.AutoTrader.com/ATCarID/AT-E326B56

Last edited by TheEdgeofSanity : 02-06-2008 at 05:25 PM.
TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
they want almost 13k for it. i think it's a little high maybe a 1k cheaper would be a better price.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
What I wouldn't give for one of those :[

Leave that baby mint, take it for weekend drives.. store it in Winters, and wow people 50 years from now when I pull out one of Oldsmobiles last cars ever produced.

So tempting (if I had lots of money, that is, lol)
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
That price is not to bad. Ask for a warranty of some kind.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:36 AM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
It's under warranty until 8/16/09 or 60163 miles... It was originally owned by a GM employee.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Did the final 500 ever come in coupes?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #7
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ No.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #8
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
i love the color most of all
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
oldskid33
GX Member

oldskid33 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oldskid33
bring it back.. but i wanna learn sry guys . Whats the deal the this car? why is it so special don't hate me lol i'm new to this lol :-P

Keith
oldskid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
Oldsnut

The last Oldsmobile ever produce was the Alero. GM had a special package for the final 500 Aleros to come out of Lansing. Last day of Oldsmobile production was April 29th, 2004 at around 10:30am. RIP Olds.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #11
telcart

By all means, I love the Final 500 Alero - especially considering it was the last Olds to roll off the line. But aside from custom badges, embroideries, paint job and centre caps - is there any difference from a regular GLS? And are those things really worth the extra cash you're going to spend - sure it's nice to have a peice of Olds history but if you're paying a bunch more just for those custom touches - I'd find a better priced mint GLS.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #12
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
What I wouldn't give for one of those :[

Leave that baby mint, take it for weekend drives.. store it in Winters, and wow people 50 years from now when I pull out one of Oldsmobiles last cars ever produced.

So tempting (if I had lots of money, that is, lol)

i'm soo glad i DIDN'T get one. cuz i would treat it like any other car. its a machine. TO ME, so what if its the last of its kind? its still a machine.

which is why oldsnut has one, and i don't. oldsmobile is just another failed car manufacturer to me, no reason to worship them. when my car dies, another will be put in its place.... out of all the things i care about car/car history is not one of them.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
oldsmobile is just another failed car manufacturer to me
Olds is not a failed car company but a victim of corporate stupidity by guys who probably can't even change a tire. Buick sells fewer cars than Olds did in their last years. I think we will soon see another funeral.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by telcart View Post
By all means, I love the Final 500 Alero - especially considering it was the last Olds to roll off the line. But aside from custom badges, embroideries, paint job and centre caps - is there any difference from a regular GLS? And are those things really worth the extra cash you're going to spend - sure it's nice to have a peice of Olds history but if you're paying a bunch more just for those custom touches - I'd find a better priced mint GLS.
Nope, no other difference than a GLS. They didn't cost that much more. I just wish they would have played a little bit with the motor, like a supercharger or something. Like any specially packaged car, they won't be appreciated for many decades.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
telcart

Damn right, I'd jump on a supercharged 3400 in a heartbeat! Even a 5-speed 3400 would have been amazing.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #16
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
any idea of whether or not the head rests were custom for the final 500 or did they just steal them from a grand am gt? i like those in our cars, and with the final 500, its something different for sure... wish i could afford one...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #17
Oldsnut

Yes, they stole them from Pontiac.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #18
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
yeah I was about to say, I dont see anything speacial about it....and do they always come in four door and with a 3400?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #19
Oldsnut

Yes^^ Was asked already.

Here is a link to some pictures of the last day of Olds. Scroll down to the Final 500 logo and click then scroll down to the Alero and click.
http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.c...delvaloldsclub

Last edited by Oldsnut : 03-13-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #20
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
^sorry to say, but then in that case they are worthless...Why because 4 door Aleros are ugly...plus it has the 3400