Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
2009 Saturn Sky TURBO or 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo v 2000 Olds Alero

READ ENTIRE POST FIRST!

Alero Specs: Best 1/4 mile time 14.53 @ 92.94, more recently before head swap 14.69 @ 94.15 MPH

2009 Saturn Sky Turbo with 5 speed manual: 13.9 in 1/4 mile

2008 Lamborghini with 6 speed manual (?) (paddle shifters) 11.6 in 1/4 mile

Driver specs:

Me serveal years or race experience, best green light in Alero .001 avg green light in Alero .100 or less

Sky and Lamborghini driver (same guy): Zero track experience, never even been to a drag strip to watch let alone race.

Story: this guy at work has started talking shit. He has a 2009 Turbo Saturn Sky, which yes I know they are faster than my Alero in the 1/4 mile, probably by almost a whole second, which is about 2 to 3 car lenghts. However this guy thinks his car is so fast and he's such a great driver (I forgot to mention that he has hit a few staionary objects in his day) and the highest perfomance car he's ever driven has been the Sky

The Lamborghini comes into play. His rich g/f is buying a used Lamborghini and he thinks she's going to let him drive it to the track to drag race it. He's never driven the car before, but he'll probably have a little bit of practice before the "race" car runs the 1/4 mile in 11.6 with a 0-60 of only 3.4 seconds.

The Sky is about a second faster, the Lamborghini is 3 seconds faster. Under regular conditions I know I don't have a shot, but with his inexperience on my side, I think I with either lose to the Sky by less than a car lenght or win by a bumper lenght and the Lambo would be less than 2 cars.

What does everybody think?

I add, I doubt this will happen. Been challenged a few times by people that have never raced a 1/4 mile before and they backed out. One was a non turbo 1983 Porshce 944 and the otehr was a 1992 Camaro with a 350 swap (don't know too much about the swap, but neither did the guy. He thought "turn key" meant you can start the car with a key)

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote