riceralero
GX Member

riceralero is on a distinguished road
Also are there any ecu tuners for it and speed limiter delete
riceralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:10 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
hp tuners
Old 02-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
HPTuners is the only thing set up for tuning the stock PCM (which is plenty for practically everyone). Anything super hardcore you can wire in a standalone engine management system and tune with that, but that's extreme.

Can't help you on the injectors. Not sure who all have upgraded them on the 3400. At least with the 2.4L we have j-body.org as a massive reference for mods and upgrades. Not sure on the 3400 unless maybe 60degreeV6 has further info for ya.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:57 PM   #5
riceralero
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
HPTuners is the only thing set up for tuning the stock PCM (which is plenty for practically everyone). Anything super hardcore you can wire in a standalone engine management system and tune with that, but that's extreme.

Can't help you on the injectors. Not sure who all have upgraded them on the 3400. At least with the 2.4L we have j-body.org as a massive reference for mods and upgrades. Not sure on the 3400 unless maybe 60degreeV6 has further info for ya.

Thank you! hptuners is near my house so thats useful!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
As a side note: You won't need to upgrade the fuel injectors until you add some method of forced induction. It would take some serious airflow modifications to require bigger injectors on an N/A vehicle.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:10 PM   #7
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
The info might be a little outdated by now, but I did have a thread on it:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22279&highlight=fuel+injector+upg rades
Old 03-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #8
homegrown
GX Member

homegrown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
The info might be a little outdated by now, but I did have a thread on it:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22279&highlight=fuel+injector+upg rades

I use the Envoy/Trailblazer injectors in my car, and have never had any problems with them. They're a direct drop-in for the 2000-2004 V6 cars (so no funky pigtails or spacers needed), but you do have to program the higher flow rate into the PCM (with HPTuners, preferably).
They're good up to about 320HP. Stock injectors are good up to about 230HP, so unless you have forced induction, or heads + cam, they're not necessary.
homegrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #9
riceralero
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown View Post
I use the Envoy/Trailblazer injectors in my car, and have never had any problems with them. They're a direct drop-in for the 2000-2004 V6 cars (so no funky pigtails or spacers needed), but you do have to program the higher flow rate into the PCM (with HPTuners, preferably).
They're good up to about 320HP. Stock injectors are good up to about 230HP, so unless you have forced induction, or heads + cam, they're not necessary.

did you notice any power gains with the injectors?
Old 03-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #10
homegrown
GX Member

homegrown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceralero View Post
did you notice any power gains with the injectors?
The injectors themselves don't directly make horsepower; they are a supporting mod for the increased airflow going through my motor. More air requires more fuel to make more power. If I hadn't changed injectors to go along with the added airflow of my motor; then yes, I'd be leaving power on the table but I'd also be running dangerously lean.
If you put larger fuel injectors into an otherwise stock motor, all you're going to notice is a lighter wallet.