Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 11-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
200,000 Mile Update

w00t crossed over the other day.

4T40E is still rock solid. Built one going in next year along with the tubular turbo manifold, GT3076R, etc. Probably this week I'll have the custom sheet metal velocity stacked intake manifold on of similar design to this:

Also check it out, so I met this guy who works at AutoZone too today at a meeting and he was wondering if I wanted to trade intercoolers since he wanted a smaller one (building his car at the moment) because he didn't think his would fit. Well it just so happened that he had the exact size intercooler I wanted to eventually buy. So he gave this one to me to install and he gets mine when I get it off.

w00t bigger intercooler for free!

Oh also I went to the track on a No ET day last week with the car running perfectly, but with front tires that look like this:

They're roasted, and feel like rock solid hockey pucks. Needless to say, I ran horrendously. Not even worth mentioning. Worse than my 13.9 @ 104 on only 8 psi and the car running like shit. This time of course the car is running perfectly and powerfully on 12.5 psi but I couldn't get the power to the ground once boost rose. Glad it was No ET night so no one saw the time I ran haha.

Sooooooooo........ Jan @ Speed Industry let me borrow his lightweight racing wheels and BFG Drag Radials. Hopefully I can get to the track and put down a respectable time (13.2) this year before going too hardcore next year (11.8).

Just thought I'd let some people know what's up lately.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Good to hear you upgrading your intake manifold with velocity stacks! Who are you getting it through?....OEM, Vulcan?

I hope you do rebuild a tranny...BUT INSERT AND INSERT
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to insert

I'm not one for mass-produced manifolds. Intake manifold is a custom one-off by Revshift, local fabricator I'm doing a website for. Vulcan's and OEM's aren't really that good lookin and are expensive. I'm getting this one for free, and Revshift is a very, very good intake manifold designer. He's good at turbo manifolds too:

He'll be doing my custom tubular manifold for the GT3076R next year.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
how much HP will your car be then
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

Who cares, around 420 maybe.. I'm not about HP, I'm about 1/4 mile, lol.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
Very nice!!

my car idolizes yours!

a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
mfuller

Jan's got some good taste in wheels for his DRs.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
so are you just gonna skip from 13s to 11s just like that?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

yup just like that, but probably will have a few 12 runs until everything gets all tweaked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Jan's got some good taste in wheels for his DRs.
I didn't even know what they were until recently, I just noticed they looked awesome.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
considering you have that many miles on the body, and its a Michigan car, is there any rust or other body damage? i never see any in ur pics, but it could just be creative photography.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 AM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Of course.... the underside and the side skirt area is full of rust, as is the leading edge of the hood.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
same as mine. and probly 75% of everyone elses.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

'cept next year most of the bodywork will be done, rust repaired and prevented from the future.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Nice 200,000 miles going for a couple hundred thousand more I'm sure.
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yep will probably get around that much, who knows what I'll end up with but the car will stay with me forever.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
mine is 3 oil changes away from 200,000 now.
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

Kind of want to just drive around without the front bumper. I'll probably do that once it starts snowing.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #18
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
Looks like its a perfect fit lol. You'd probably get some good looks if you drove around without the bumper on.
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
very nice......