Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Little update on my car.....

So I came down to Denver this week to get my headers reworked. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning for home

The first post shows the new drivers side mount I welded up for the five speed. I am using the stock passenger side mount. Then the last picture is a front mount (the bar stock isn't the greatest but its all I had and didn't feel like cleaning it up at the time. Then when I get home will weld up a similar mount for the rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8280019.JPG (76.9 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg P8280021.JPG (76.6 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg P8280023.JPG (75.7 KB, 114 views)
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some pics of the headers getting reworked. The headers are custom headers by Doug Thorley that were on the Aztek Daytona 500 pace car.

I had all flanges converted to vband. The front bolted in fine. The rear and crossovers had to be modified as you can see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9020029.JPG (78.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg P9020099.JPG (75.7 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg P9040117.JPG (77.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

Last ones......

First pic is the exhaust gaskets from WOT-TECH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9020082.JPG (76.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg P9020027.JPG (77.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg P9040118.JPG (77.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
mfuller

I like that front (LH) header; nice equal-lenth tubes and very compact.
I didn't think there was room in the firewall tunnel for twin downpipes though....
Please post installed pictures when finished.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Super nice man I love those wheels too those weds?
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I like that front (LH) header; nice equal-lenth tubes and very compact.
I didn't think there was room in the firewall tunnel for twin downpipes though....
Please post installed pictures when finished.

Thanks Matt. The front header is why I ultimately decided to keep this set of headers and have Hank modify them instead of buying a set of Milzy ones. They are installed and for some reason I didn't take pics while it was up on the lift. There is definately room. In fact I am able to get both pipes plus both hands up in the exhaust tunnel to snap down the vband flanges. The only downside I have seen so far is that I need to put some heat protection on my fuel lines. Other than that they are awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post

Yep, and they are old!! lol, I've had them for almost 5 years and they have never been on the road. I bought them brand new. They have been on the car in storage for a little over a year.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16598
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Thanks Matt. The front header is why I ultimately decided to keep this set of headers and have Hank modify them instead of buying a set of Milzy ones. They are installed and for some reason I didn't take pics while it was up on the lift. There is definately room. In fact I am able to get both pipes plus both hands up in the exhaust tunnel to snap down the vband flanges. The only downside I have seen so far is that I need to put some heat protection on my fuel lines. Other than that they are awesome!!

Yep, and they are old!! lol, I've had them for almost 5 years and they have never been on the road. I bought them brand new. They have been on the car in storage for a little over a year.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16598

Looks great!

Now say hi to Hank for me and ship my LIM to WOT Tech.....

That's still there, right?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Looks great!

Now say hi to Hank for me and ship my LIM to WOT Tech.....

That's still there, right?

You tell me where you want it shipped. Yes I have it.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Milzy has v6 headers? I didn't know that...

Ride looks good up there though.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Milzy has v6 headers? I didn't know that...

Ride looks good up there though.

They have for awhile now, where have you been?

And thanks......
Old 01-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post

x2! love those rims. lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote