Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Get SMURF some ASS

This thread is completely serious so be respectful!

We got ourselves a call to arms people. It shouldn't be a big shock to anyone to know the times have gotten hard.

Smurf needs some funds to get to/from ASS. He wants to go, but is stuck due to his unfortunate luck w/ getting a job.

Heres where it involves us. Its plain and simple. I'm looking for any small donations. This isn't for any kind of selfishness, no harm if you can't, but most of us can spare a few bucks. If he doesn't go, you get a full refund (minus paypal taxes)

Whats in it for you, you might ask? Nothing really. You get the satisfaction of knowing you allowed a fellow Aleromod member to go to an event he enjoys, and your donation will put you in the ranks of the Aleromod elite. Those of us who consider each other family. I can't stress that last part enough.

trunk_shakers_pres@yahoo.com The paypal.

If anyone can donate to the fund, then please do. If you can't, then you can't. Don't debate, or complain. Its simply a kind gesture to another member.

Thank you all.
Cherry
Old 03-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
sfi3400
GL Member

sfi3400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sfi3400 Send a message via Yahoo to sfi3400
i can give him about 20 or so when i get paied
Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
i'll send like 30ish... maybe more depending on what my check looks like and what my stupid car says (good for about four months, but it needs tires now.... grrrrrr)
Old 03-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Old's Wife
FIRST LADY OF THE ALERO CHAPTER

Old's Wife is on a distinguished road
sent

Old's Wife
Old 03-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
To all that have donated to allow me and the fam to make it this year, I want to PERSONALLY thank each and every one of you. You know who you are! You will be repaid, somehow and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I appreciate the help everyone has or is willing to give. I want to thank Cherry for starting this thread and basically "getting" me to go.
So without further ado, THANK YOU!
-Smurf-
Old 03-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
God damnit. I thought it was being sent to Chris so I asked for it to be anonymously sent to Smurf. Give me my money back Smurf.

Just kidding...

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
Old 03-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Well... hopefully this won't be all who contribute.

There are alot of members (myself included) who blow money on frivolous things, and probably more food then we really need.

Frankly, I have a $100 pair of component speakers sitting here that I'll never use. Giving a small amount of money, to someone who will put it to good use (and you having a good time with your family IS considered a good use) is well worth it.

I've donated to other members for stuff.... You just happened to be the lucky one this time.

Anyone else feel the same? We can't be the only ones willing to help our comrade
Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
I've been feeling so good since I got my new job, 20$ to see a cool guy again, why not.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
PappaSmurf
GLS member

Zol,
If you would like your money back then I will have no hard feelings giving it back to you.

Afugy,
Thank you for your contribution! Are you coming this year?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
sfi3400
GL Member

sfi3400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sfi3400 Send a message via Yahoo to sfi3400
smurfy im more then happy to give you a full tank of gas to go to ass to see ya and ur fam
Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
PappaSmurf
GLS member

Sfi,
I appreciate the money for a tank of gas and would definitely make it a point to shake your hand and thank you, along with everyone else that contributes.
-Smurf-
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #12
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post

Afugy,
Thank you for your contribution! Are you coming this year?

I'll do my best to be there, providing that work doesn't have me going out on any shows or tours (it's not likely).
Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
alerogls001
GL Member

alerogls001 is on a distinguished road
I so wish I could go. I'll donate 100% sure of that. Give me one day to get my direct deposit. Smurf, you cool as shit dude. Thanks for your help an advice you have given me.... You are programmed in my phone.

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
PappaSmurf
GLS member

Steve,
Thank you for your support and I wish you could go too. It would be great to meet the face behind the name.
-smurf-
Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #15
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
wish i could donate something, but jon and i are literally broke right now due to the army screwing up his pay, and a car that has no motor in it that we absolutely need running. we're having a hard time figuring out how we're gonna eat, but as soon as he gets back paid for all these meal deductions they've wrongfully been taking out i'll be more than happy to help send ya smurf! i hope i get the chance to go this year too! it's not as simple as a 5 hour drive this year though =( sucks.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #16
PappaSmurf
GLS member

Again, thank you to all the people that donated! And to those of you that can't, I understand and thank you for the thought AT LEAST!

Adria,
Either you or jon call me tomorrow. I will get his backpay straightened out, I still got (officers) friends in hood.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #17
walkerj014
GX Member

walkerj014 is on a distinguished road
$20.24 coming your way! Sorry about the .24 cents I closed the account and just leaving .24 cents well just doesn't make sense!!!

Anyways I've been watching this board for quite some time (Since the old board) and only recently decided to register. SMURF, This is my small way of saying thank you for all those how to guides to pimp my alero out! Have fun!!!

James
Old 03-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #18
PappaSmurf
GLS member

Walkerj014,
First and FOREMOST, Thank YOU for your service in the Army and just know that there are people out there that still count on you guys even when we are not at war.

Secondly, Thank YOU for your contribution to getting me to the meet. Is there anyway you are going to be there? Also, If you don't mind me asking which write-ups are you referring too? I can't remember how many i did and actually how many I posted on these forums. LOL
-Smurf-

Last edited by PappaSmurf : 03-30-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #19
cherrington17
Gone

even a total noob. this is why aleromod is great!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:09 AM   #20
PappaSmurf
GLS member

EXACTLY Cherry,
I find this to be one of those total out of the blue moments, where I have never even heard of this guy or seen his introduction, and then all of the sudden he is giveing me money to get to a function he hasn't been too. I find this TOTALLY awesome that he would even think about something like this. This is DEFINITELY what the family is about.

Again, Thank ALL of YOU that have donated so far. I have enough as of NOW to make the trip out there, but not back. I will NOT disclose an exact amount as I find this to be rude, but will let you guys know of some progress.
-Smurf-