Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Polk Audio

What do you all think of Polk Audio as a whole. I'm thinking when I get paid for my orders that I'm on I'm going to go ahead and upgrade. Those that have seen, know its needed!! I saw a decent deal with Polk on Crutchfield and heard them over at Circut City a little while ago. I'll have to post up specs when I got more time..but just wanted to get the feeling for what you all thought.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out Caraudiodeals.com
Old 08-04-2006, 05:53 PM   #3
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of speakers are you planning on getting from Polk? I recently converted everything to polk in my car, but I had some problems with the speakers. I had the MMC690 6 x 9's, and those don't fit, unless you modify your rear deck to accomodate the big cone of the speaker. The MMC460's will fit without a problem. The Polk tweeters won't fit. They are too big. Of course you can mount them anywhere if you still want them. They are awesome tweeters, but they won't fit in our stock tweeter positions.
If you are looking at Polk subs then I would go with the Polk MOMO subs. The DB Series subs are decent if you use the sub box that was specifically designed for the subs. Otherwise, the DB series subs sound like crap. I have 2 of the Polk MOMO 12's. I have a 1500 watt SPL amp running both of them, and it hits hard. So yea, I like polk a lot, but their fitment may be a little hard at first depending on which speakers you go with.

Sorry to be long winded. I support Polk. Id say that they are a great brand to go with. IMO...
Old 08-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i was only going to get subs from them...i already have my 6X9's in the back and I definately don't want to go through the headache of changing them out...AGAIN, they are dynomatted in pretty good, replacement would be a pita! I'm waiting to replace the front speakers for another time. I will need to amplify them and i'm still running stocko alt and battery. the new alt is in the shop getting repaired (thanks jon, cost me $40 to fix) and i'm going to switch to a yellow top i believe...just trying to find one cheaper than $188 that I saw today.

Anyhow, I did find the Polk Momos, of course they're not on sale...but i'll find them somewhere...the ones they have are Polk DBs. $99 for 1 and half price on the second one, minus my $20 for referring somebody to them.

I just pulled this from Polk's site
Quote:
STRENGTHS:
Great looks, even better sound, prestige of the POLK name at a great price.

WEAKNESSES:
the bass from this sub drowns out every other speaker in my truck

Last edited by doubleN0alero : 08-04-2006 at 10:04 PM.
doubleN0alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #5
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Here is what I was talking about earlier when I was talking about the DB series subs. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wq5KLgT...07DB2122&g=510

With that box, those DB's will sound real good. I have heard the DB's without that box and with that box on the exact same amp and that box makes the subs sound a hell of a lot better. I just suggest to get the subs and box deal. And that is if you want to stick with the DB series. I personally have the MOMO series, and those sound great. Just tell me how it works out for ya.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

yeah thats the exact one i saw earlier today...i have to do a bit of measuring and see if the damn thing will even fit in my trunk...i'd really like to not have to remount my cd changer, it was a pita to mount it where it is...i'm still tossing around the idea...i think its getting close to being that time though
Old 08-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Yea that box is quite big. It may fit though, I mean I have a big ass bandpass box in my trunk, and it takes up the whole damn thing, but it still fits. lol. I know I need to change it, but I want to wait until I can get some time to do fiberglass. I don't want to waste more money on another box unless it is the way I want it ya know. Anyway, good choice if you go with the boxed ones. They sound good! Tell me how it goes...
Old 08-09-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
rodney
GX Member

rodney is an unknown quantity at this point
polk is definately a good brand to go with
rodney is offline   Reply With Quote