Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Rooster

2002 Driver's Door - Pinouts..

Hey all -- Not gettin any hits on my Yahoo groups posting, so I thought I'd try here..

Driver's door window has been working off and on for months.. When I posted on the YG, it had stopped working for the longest time, being about a week, prior to that, 1 day it would not function, the next it would, and it'd work for a random period of time (usually weeks/months).

By not work - I mean - The window would be up, and not go down.

Saw several posts on YG regarding the window, most saying it was the regulator, and most saying the window would "fall down".

I'm looking for the pinout to the harness for the window. There are 2 12v lines I found in there, but I want to rig it manually (ie jumper wire) the power directly to the motor/regulator to see if the problem is there or in the switch/relay box.

Obviously any experience in this would be appreciated as well Car is totally stock, so not much excitement for you gearheads with the uber-hot Alero's.. I'd love to trick it out but it's the wife's daily driver and she has absolutely no interest in it, lol But I do admire you guys representing the Alero world. Awesome ride, it's our second (we had a 2000 originally), and I'm still in awe that GM dropped Olds instead Buick but of course that's a whole nother matter, lol Tnx in advance for any help/wiring indo..

Rooster
Old 03-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
DaRockwilder
GL Member

DaRockwilder is on a distinguished road
This is the best I can do. I have no experience with the actual window yet, but by looking at these diagrams I'd say you apply 12 volts to either side of the motor to get it to run. One side for up, one side for down. I'm not sure where the unit grounds, but its likely self grounding via the door.

Here's the diagram. let me know if you want a larger copy. I could email it to you. Hope it helps!
DaRockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i would venture to guess that you have a dead spot in the motor itself. it happened to me a couple of time and i just hammered on the inside of the door down by the speaker until it started working again. lol

just today i went to the stealership to buy more window clips since mine broke again. $73 for 2!!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
ya mine stopped workin when it sat for bout a year, i beat on mine with a hammer too
Old 03-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
Rooster

Thanks DaRockwilder - That should be good.. Stupid window worked ok yesterday - Wife's got it at work right now, but at least I'll be ready the next time it decides to crap out, lol..
Old 03-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
roll up your window manually and hold it up with duct tape.. next step hit it with a baseball bat ... no more window problems ... u can also then weld your doors shut as well and have no MORE PROBLEMS with your door or window I think this would be cool kind of dukes of hazzard thing
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittinOnChrome View Post
roll up your window manually and hold it up with duct tape.. next step hit it with a baseball bat ... no more window problems ... u can also then weld your doors shut as well and have no MORE PROBLEMS with your door or window I think this would be cool kind of dukes of hazzard thing

LoL if I do anything to it like that, it's gonna be converting it into the OSV Convertible, lol Then I won't have to worry about doors or windows when I hook the top up to a remote w00t w00t
Old 03-04-2007, 02:14 AM   #8
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
LoL if I do anything to it like that, it's gonna be converting it into the OSV Convertible, lol Then I won't have to worry about doors or windows when I hook the top up to a remote w00t w00t

no such thing. the OSV aleros were not convertible. there was 1 convertible made but it wasnt OSV.