Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #21
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerkid View Post
if you drove this GTO it's not a nice smooth ride and then idles down nice and easy to. you let off the throttle it slows down fast(with aftermarket flywheel, stock ones are heavier and give a little more momentum.) but anyways i havn't got the gearing right for regular driving.

If it's not smooth skipping a gear would be even rougher, may even cause a tire skid. Plus those old engines won't take high RPMs like some of the newer ones will, so why push it?
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #22
tunerkid
GX Member

tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid tunerkid
tires almost always skid in downshift on that car.
yaa they don't but the 455 def takes more rpms's than the 400 but i don't even dare take it over 4,000 rpms
tunerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #23
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
You do have it ?? If so I'm sorry I said that joking...
Replace the fork is a pretty complex process it invloves drain the oil, removing the tranny, disassenbling it, check all the clearances and specs with appropriate tools and then find the parts and replace them, reassemble the tranny and cross your finger so that the rest will hold.... Your best bet is to get a good used tranny from a salvage yard.. Like tha tyou do not need to dissasemble it or nothing.
But while doing this you should be better check the condition of your clutch and replace it if needed, at the same time you'll have to put new tranny fluid in, I strongly suggest to use Gm synchromesh fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinbajus View Post
I do have the Parkinson. I have only had the car for a month and a half now so I don't know how the car was driven before that. Also I just noticed unless your stopped first and second are a little stiff getting into gear. So what am I looking at for cost of a tranny. Is it difficult to replace. I will check the fluids once I get a chance to do so. How difficult is it to replace the forks or get them fixed. I'm new to this car and haven't done any work to it yet.

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #24
Devinbajus
GX Member

Devinbajus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
how can you hit the reverse while driving do you have parkinson ?

i thought you meant the reverse thing just how you put it. i dont have parkinsons disease. sorry long days at work really mess me up
Devinbajus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #25
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
lmfao, that was pretty epic.

I've never dropped the trans on an Alero before, I assume the subframe's gotta drop, then mounts/bellhousing bolts and it'll drop out?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #26
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
if i remember correctly, when i had my trans rebuilt (2.4) the tech took the left side cradle bolts completely out, then dropped the right side cradle bolts as far as they would drop without completely coming out, then unbolted the motor mounts, suspended the motor from up top and somehow finagled the trans out
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #27
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
I strongly suggest to use Gm synchromesh fluid.

that probably works, i also have good luck with mobil1 full synthetic tranny oil

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote