Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
Talon69ca

I know street racing is highly frowned upon... EDIT: Yep you said it right there and it's against site rules....but a person can only be pushed so far...does anyone know what kind of performance of these little Cavaliers??? I don't know what its like in your neck of the woods but 'round here we've got all these little kids running around thinking Vin freakin Diesel with Sunfires and Cavaliers there is a specific clown that has bashed my Alero several times...I mean from what I've read and what I've felt "if we were to go head to head I should eat him alive especially considering that this clown has upped his exhaust to 2.5" and Y'd it into dual baffleless cans (If I'm not mistaken last time I checked 4 bangers needed back pressure to run to their full potential) I've scoped the car in a lot and this is not some sort of catback setup this is 2.5" straight pipes Y'd out to rice cans as far as I know he just lost HP...No??? Anyway point is there comes a point when some people just need to be shut up!!! To date my baby is a Bone Stock 3.4L GLS. Can it be done??? And what'll happen if I leave her in 2nd??? I've had her up to about 4500RPMs in 2nd@70mphbut is there a rev limiter beyond that? I know the limiter kicks in while the car is parked @ 4000RPMs will it hit the RLine in gear...I don't know if that'll make any of you wince but it seems like she'll keep climbing. And really don't think its worth the effort to bring the Talon out for this clown.

Closed Thread