Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #41
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
if you can get a decent tranny from a low mileage gtp i don't think you'll need to upgrade it, but did I say that you'll need a new exhaust a minimum of 2,5 in with dual mufflers... also you'll need to get it reprogrammed with hptuner or dhp...
you'll need to upgrade the fuel pump...
you'll have to get rid of the dtc that affects performance...
also did I say that none of your stock gauges will work ??
and new custom axles or fit gtp hub or buy the (milzy, not sure) ones...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #42
luckilero7
GL Member

luckilero7 is an unknown quantity at this point
the axles were a concern and I could use the gtp hubs on the alero to retain the gtp axles? and what if I could use the gtp cluster? If not then what would you recomend? I saw you just redid the cluster all together.
luckilero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #43
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

i think that milzy makes the axles now, but you can use the gtp hubs ask blackjack...
The gtp cluster will not physicall fit in your dash, on top of that you would have to redo the dash/cluster wiring harness...

That's why I have all autometers gauge, because they are the only company that does a complete linuep of gauges that can fit with the stock GM sensors (VSS and Fuel level were the main concern where I had to keep the stock sensors) the other (RPM, temp, voltage, wideband O2, oil press, oil temp, boost/vac) and now the 3 newer ones (fuel pressure, nitrous pressure) are a piece of cake to install... I still miss one spot for an EGT I think I'll do a dual pod in the center vent...

www.demonautosport.ca
Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #44
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, late to the party I am.....

GTP hubs can be used to retain the GTP axles.

HOWEVER......you will have to use spacers to push the hubs and calipers out farther. The GTP trans and axles are overall wider than the Alero, because the Gran Prix is overall a wider tracked car.

Best bet is to get Milzy's axles. Works with GTP inner and N-body outers. No adapters or weird shit needed.

Just be aware, the 4t65e and the HD model are different axles on one side, and are not interchangeable.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #45
luckilero7
GL Member

luckilero7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol well thank you for clearing that up. By the way, guiguilandry, how did you do all the mounting? A buddy and I are going to tear down the engine this week actually and probably won't do much with it until spring. I did however find another great resource person for the engine itself and SHE has built a couple of these engines up herself. Once again, all help and tips are appreciated!
luckilero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #46
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

engine mounts ? My car was a 5 speed at the starting so I used the stock tranny mounts as a baseline and then fabricated the engine mounts....
the front tranny mount has to be removed due to clearance issue with the header, so at that time I filled the rear one with urethane...

I redid a complete upper rad frame with square tubing steel because the stock one isn't tough enough... believe me it will twist like butter if your mounts aren't good enough lol...
You gotta do custom shorter dogbone for the front

I kept the original l67 front engine mount bracket under the oilpan just shortened it 1 inch.. welded a plate on the subframe with bolts through the plate that allign with the shortened engine mount... 5/8 rubber mat between

(I'll redo this one this winter... it's too rough in the car because of that one, it's basically metal on metal because of the bolts that passes through)

www.demonautosport.ca