Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
Exclamation Hey Guys New proud Alero Owner

Hello Guys I just Bought a new 99 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 2.4. Since I have bought my alero I have Dropped it 2" with Eibach Springs,replaced the stock rotors with PowerStops Cross Drilled and Slotted rotors,PowerStop Ceramic brake pads,K&N Air filter,NGK Laser Platinum spark plugs,replaced the stock tires with 18" Avenue A535 with 225/40ZR18 98W Nitto Neo Gens,Sirus Satalite radio,a 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 subwoofer,a 12" MTX Thunder6000 subwoofer(have 2 MTX Thunder6000 But only have one of them in the car), a 900w Rockford Fosgate Amp for the Subwoofers,a 700w Rockford Fosgate competition amp for the highs,had 2 6x9 Alpine's for the rear speakers and 2 - 6x9 Polk Audio's for the front doors and 2 - Polk Audio tweeters.Just blew both the rear and front door speakers. So basically haave 2 tweeters and two subs. Also have a JVC head unit. Also installed on the car is the Altama 4000 Alrm system with remote start. Thats all that on the car. Not installed on the car yet is a body kit from Extreme Diminsions that include: Showoff 3 front bumper. Kombat rear bumper and Kombat side skirts. They are just sitting in my garage right now until I can save enough money to have it professionally installed. I bought a 3" Magna Flow muffler and tip but have decided not to go to a 3" exahust as I have learn once i do an engine upgrade I will lose power going that big.

Ok so now about me. My Name is Clifford Woeller. I am 26 years old. I live and work in Dallas Texas. I have been in Dallas since March 07. I work for Boardwalk Volkswagen.Trying to get into the shop to become a VW certified Auto Tech.I would like to one day get into a custom shop. I was told the best way to get there is get about 6 years of dealership experiance and so now thats where I am at. I will admit I don't know as much as i need to, to have the goals I dfo. But I am always trying to learn more and more about cars and how they work. I have alot to learn and hope one day I will know as much about cars as the people I surround myself with.Again everyone I know has said they have been around cars and working on them since they were in their mid teens. So it is a lil overwhelming for me to be just starting out. I have been killing my self financially to get my car where I want it. But after attending the Texas Tuner Showdown At the Texas MotorPlex in Ennis Texas. I have realized that I need to slow down and take my time cause theres some guys I met there that had been working on some cars for years... So yeah I now wanna slow down and work out some other problems I am having with my car. Also one of the guys I met at TTS this weekend has a 2000 Alero that he got 3rd place for a GM car this weekend and he told me about this forum and I think it's exactly what I have been looking for.. So thats me in a nut shell... Hmmm I guess if you guys have questions comments and or advice I am always up to hear it. I will soon have pictures of My alero up as soon as i get back to Dallas
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
damn. besides an extreme lack of new paragraphs sounds like your off to a better start then most people who have been members for years. congrats.

welcome aboard, and post some pics of that, i know many of us will be interested in what it looks like.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
kniedelm9490
GL Member

kniedelm9490 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kniedelm9490
welcome aboard
kniedelm9490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
tl;dr

Just kidding. You do know that the Kato Combat and Showoff are all part of the same kit. It's the Andy's Auto Sport kit, same one I have. The original one is the AAS Kato Kombat pieces, one of the knockoffs is the Extreme Dimensions Showoff pieces. Should fit fine though as long as it's not an eBay version knockoff. By the way, shops around me will paint and install body kits for about $600.

Welcome.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
cliffordwoeller

Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
Hmmm Yeah i am actually going to slow down on the customizations and worry about my general maint issues.

About my body kit... I bought it from Extreme Diminsions on their website. The only problem I had when I was test fitting the body kit was the front bumper had too much gap between the lights and the bumper. it was gonna look like crap to me if i put it on so i opted to let someone else that knows what their doing do it. cause I don't have an idea on how to decrease the gaps. and on the rear bumper the problem was i think it just didnt fit right, the side skirts well i couldnt get the stock skirts off and so i didnt feel like ripping them off or forcing the stock ones off.

I am thinking maybe when i blow this engine (has 129,000 miles on it) I have heard I can put either a GM 305 or 350 small block in its place although I would lose the air conditioning which I am ok with. Does anyone know if this is true?

And another thing. under everyones name it say some thing like junior member or gls member or vip member and like mine it says gx member what does that mean? is that like different levels of membership or like you get a different level with a certain amount of time or posts ?

Last edited by cliffordwoeller : 06-01-2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added a question
Old 06-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
cliffordwoeller

Oh also have a Rocky Mountain Radar detector/scrambler/difuser

and the Avenue A535's are Gun Metal and Chrome
Old 06-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #7
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums, clifford.

Yeah ... the indicators you mention have to do with the number of posts with the exception of VIP which indicates a paid member who have other privledges.

Though you've done a lot to your Alero, it's not a bad idea to abuse the Search button. You'll find almost anything you need to know about the Alero somewhere on this forum.

Last edited by CharleyO99Alero : 06-02-2008 at 12:02 AM.
CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
cliffordwoeller

Oh ok and yeah i was looking through the FAQ's and couldnt find my answer so I just decided to ask the forum.Well I am glad that people are friendly here and seem to have a pick on you but we dont mean it attitude which is kool and it doesnt seem to be alot of trash talking or fake people.And I will again have pics to back up everything i have said I have. Its just I am out of town right now and all my pics are on my comp in Dallas which I should be back by tomorrow night.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #9
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Cliff! Good start for your car.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #10
cliffordwoeller

Thanks oldsnut
Old 06-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #11
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
it really depends on what your looking to do with the engine... i'm not sure about types and what benefits you get outta it (not well versed on engines at all) but the most common swaps are either for a smaller ecotec, then boost the bejesus outta it, or for the Northstar V8 (shortstar) as its been termed.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Site!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:13 AM   #13
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Ahlan wa sahlan.
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #15
cliffordwoeller

Hey ion what kinda engine is that ?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

I dunno, lol. Found it from some old posts on here. There's also a picture of an Alero with the front wheels way off the ground, V8 as well. And there's some white car that someone posted that's also got a RWD V8. I'd rather be boosting my four cylinder, cheaper, lighter. Could turn my engine sideways and make it RWD.. Lol.. hm..
Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

holy grainy picture, batman!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #18
carcrazy14
GX Member

carcrazy14 is on a distinguished road
welcommeeeee
carcrazy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #19
cliffordwoeller

Lol thanks car crazy,yea ion some one told me i could make it rwd but more than that i would like to convert it at some time to a stick. cause with where i wanna go with my girl she cant be an automatic or she will get laughed off the streets
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

most of the top drag cars are automatic lol, mine's auto, but i might convert to manual later on for the hell of it

there's a guy around my area making his RWD, ongoing project